Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Accidents, help

starfish2

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 4:43 pm
I'm so frustrated and show the frustration to my 5 year old who keeps wetting his bed (I've had him in pull ups and it even leaks through). He also forgets to go at least once a day. This hasn't happened since he was 3-4. He's potty trained to sleep through the night since 4. Why the regression? I'm so confused. I'm irritated when he's playing and forgets to go.

grin

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 1:12 am
I can't know what's going on in his life to trigger this but I can suggest a different appraoch to frustration (which usually doens't help, only makes things worse). Some of my kids weren't dry at nt for ages. When one of them was 8 (!) I promised her a brand new pillow, mattresss (don't remember which) when she totally stopped. That was the push she needed.

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 9:36 am
Some kids don't outgrow bedwetting until they reach teenage years. Nothing much you can do about it but avoid frustration, guilt, shame, and embarrassment, and keep the laundry and shower going.

Forgetting to go while playing is a different story though. Do you have him clean the mess himself? That could do the trick.

Last edited by gryp on Wed, Nov 14 2007, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

su7kids

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 11:47 am
I had a kid who wet until he was 13. He also wouldn't notice during the day that he needed to go until his pants were wet.

I played it very low key and just had him be responsible for taking the linen off his bed and changing it, and showering in the morning.

You can be sure the child isn't doing it on PURPOSE. So, no need to get mad at him.

cindy324

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 2:24 pm
I agree with GR. Also, the nighttime bedwetting is better contained by Goodnites. They're made for older kids and won't leak, as they absorb a lot more than pull-ups.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 14 2007, 2:33 pm
Quote:

I'm so frustrated and show the frustration to my 5 year old who keeps wetting his bed

is something bothering him? you showing him u are annoyed will make him loose confidence in himself and make him do it more btw

starfish2

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 4:22 pm
I agree that I've completely taken the wrong approach with my frustration towards this. I've threatened to put him in pull ups during the day. I know it's wrong behavior. He gets scared when I say that but I'm tired of being places and having no clothes to change him with. I'm the one who has to be better prepared I guess. I'll bring changes of clothes from now on and take him to the bathroom more frequently. As far as bedtime goes, I'm surprised he was dry for so many months and then went back to being untrained. Maybe he's too tired to wake up.

itsme

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 5:43 pm
I should start a thread that ppl should know. my almost 3 year old daughter started accidents every day. I was mad screamed even gave her little petchelech. went to the doc. no urine infection no strep the last thing she told me was check for pin worms . at night with a flashlight guess what she had. I treated her w/ a medicine they perscribed me and b"h she stopped so do the same check for pinworms

starfish2

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 5:17 pm
how do you do that for a boy?

itsme

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 9:51 pm
about a boy I dont know aska doctor.but as far as for girls pin worms crawl to the front thats why they can loose control.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training