Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Renewing Passport by Mail - for adult in USA

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 3:01 pm
Has anyone done this by mail? I read the requirements online, and it seems like such a hassle to go get photos done and separately get a copy of my marriage license certified (because I got married since last issuance of passport).

I'm wondering if I'm saving myself any time or money or hassle by doing it by mail versus a regular post office appointment. And honestly I'm a bit nervous to mail my expired original passport.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 3:18 pm
If you have access to the post office, do it there. There's so much red tape, if you miss something they'll send the whole thing back to you and you'll have wasted many weeks.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 6:20 pm
I just renewed my passport. I made an appointment at the post office just to make sure that I had everything I needed and I still had problems. I filled out the form online and printed it and brought along my expiring passport and new photos and my driver's license and my checkbook. Everything went smoothly at the post office but then I got both an email and a letter saying that my passport picture wasn't acceptable and I had to send new ones. I took 2 different sets just to be sure and was very careful to push my wig hair behind my ears.

I'm not sure what you mean by being nervous to send back your old passport because you have to do that as part of the renewal application even if you go to the post office. They send it back to you with holes punched through it.

Amother because I've kvetched about this IRL.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 10:41 pm
I did it through the mail. Followed all instructions and got it no problem.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 12:06 am
I’m not sure where u live. I took my kids to a place in ocean county mall near where we live that has an office that does it there. They have the forms. They take the pictures. Was easy. And we got it back in the mail quicker than my husband who did his thruvthe rush service that some private person advertises.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics