Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How can you tell if your wig got burnt from too much ironing

rimon613

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 2:38 pm
How can you tell if your wig got burnt from too much ironing?

BH5745

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:01 pm
Try an intensive conditioning mask for a few hours or overnight. I do a 3-4 hour hair mask every time I wash my sheitel (monthly), and it really helps repair the heat damage.

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:38 pm
white dots at the end of the hairs means hair damage. sometimes this could be fixed by trimming the wig everywhere, sometimes the hairs are too weak and even trimming doesn't fix it. squiggly hairs that look fried and frizzy are burnt with no hope.
deep conditioning masks are great for prevention but they can't reverse true scorched hairs.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 4:03 pm
Hair becomes brittle, split ends. But take note that hair can look like this just from age and use. And you could also buy a new wig that's already damaged in that way from the person it came from, it gets treated, and after a few washes the damage becomes apparent. Usually in such cases trimming the split ends doesn't help and the hair will keep splitting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels