Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Iso best way to keep chocolate chip sticks fresh

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 6:37 pm
I made chocolate chip sticks (from Kosher Palatte) just now, & would like to serve them on Shabbos day. I would appreciate any tips to help keep them fresh. I would rather not freeze them unless they won't be good left out bc I'm not good at freezing/defrosting. Would it be best to cut them now or on Shabbos? Do I put cookie straight in a ziploc or first foil, or maybe double bag? Would they really be much better if frozen (correctly)? I would appreciate any advice! TIA!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 6:41 pm
Store cookies in Ziploc bags or sealable containers and refrigerate.

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 7:30 pm
[quote="ra_mom"]Store cookies in Ziploc bags or sealable containers and refrigerate.[/quote
Thanks, I thought putting cookies in the fridge would affect their texture?

bargainlover

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 8:04 pm
I always freeze in a 9x13 pan wrapped in foil and then a shopping bag so doesn't get freezer taste. Defrost an hour before.

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 8:19 pm
bargainlover wrote:
I always freeze in a 9x13 pan wrapped in foil and then a shopping bag so doesn't get freezer taste. Defrost an hour before.

Thanks, do you slice into bars before or after you freeze it?also, how do you defrost them? Do you leave it in the wrapping or out? I'm assuming you put the cookies on the counter to defrost, not in the fridge? Sorry about all the questions, I just don't want to ruin the cookies!

Woman of Valor

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 8:28 pm
What do you mean your aren't good at freezing and defrosting lol. I would cut and freeze the day you bake it. I use freezer ziplock bags (have like several sizes). You can defrost 1 hour in advance, uncovered so they don't absorb extra moisture and taste off.

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 8:35 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
What do you mean your aren't good at freezing and defrosting lol. I would cut and freeze the day you bake it. I use freezer ziplock bags (have like several sizes). You can defrost 1 hour in advance, uncovered so they don't absorb extra moisture and taste off.

Thank you! I'm going to try

etky

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 12:56 am
I usually freeze most cookies/bars after baking but strangely, I have found that these cc sticks actually improve both in taste and texture after a day or two stored at room temperature, in a covered container.
I would only freeze for longer term storage.

fluffernutter

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:35 am
Slice them before. They should be slices when warm IIRC. I freeze them in a zip lock bag. They're yummy frozen or defrosted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins