Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Now trending on imamother
  1  2  3  26  27  28  Next

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:43 am
Do you have a medical issue? Parenting question? Deciding where to move? What kind of house to buy?

Look no further: Welcome to imamother!

Just ask your question and wait for any of the currently trending reactions:

1. The first stream of posters will be positive and encouraging. Unless it's a vent. Then they will either applaud you with a passion or stone you.

2. Second tier posters will begin to question the wording of your post.

3. Third tier posters will question your right to live.

4. Then the arguing begins, with one segment of the Jewish world blamed for all of the above (and more!).

5. You will disregard all of the suggestions and tell posters one of the following:
a) My doctor knows best, you nimcompoop. (Forgetting that you, yourself, asked for info.)
b) Thank you, but that's not what I meant!
c) Can we lock this thread already?

6. Rational thinkers will try to salvage the posting, but by then, everyone will have moved on or been locked out.

So... what was your question again?

salt

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:27 am
Could you please bring quotes or sources to prove your point.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:32 am
salt wrote:
Could you please bring quotes or sources to prove your point.

I don't trust your sources.

Shoshie

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 8:46 am
All of your issues are because you are a Republican / Liberal Democrat.

enneamom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 8:49 am
Everyone stop bashing the OP. This is her thread. (If you want to bash, start a spinoff and do it indirectly)

gingertop

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 8:53 am
enneamom wrote:
Everyone stop bashing the OP. This is her thread. (If you want to bash, start a spinoff and do it indirectly)

Enneamom, I'm so not bashing. I'm from OP's community and I'm entitled to complain about this community.

We can't sweep everything under the rug.

enneamom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 8:57 am
gingertop wrote:
Enneamom, I'm so not bashing. I'm from OP's community and I'm entitled to complain about this community.

We can't sweep everything under the rug.

Let's argue it back and forth for a few posts.

gingertop

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:05 am
enneamom wrote:
Let's argue it back and forth for a few posts.

I'm not arguing. *You* said something unbelievably wrong and *I* am just stating the inconvertible facts. If you would accept that then this whole discussion would be over.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:18 am
First I was like say whaat.. This is too sarcastic to be my kind of thread. I'm outta here.

But guess what? The first tier posters proved me wrong! And made me lol. Like really lol.

So wait- was I allowed to say that? Or should I have opened a new thread to say that sarcasm is soooo disheartening?

Oh & guess what??! Op's not bringing sources, because those sources don't exist! (claps her hands in glee)

And even if OP has sources, it's totally not reliable. Say what? From that book/sefer? Don't you know that he was accused of misleading the masses and today he's buried together with all his books/sefarim??

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:53 am
amother wrote:
Do you have a medical issue? Parenting question? Deciding where to move? What kind of house to buy?

Look no further: Welcome to imamother!

Just ask your question and wait for any of the currently trending reactions:

1. The first stream of posters will be positive and encouraging. Unless it's a vent. Then they will either applaud you with a passion or stone you.

2. Second tier posters will begin to question the wording of your post.

3. Third tier posters will question your right to live.

4. Then the arguing begins, with one segment of the Jewish world blamed for all of the above (and more!).

5. You will disregard all of the suggestions and tell posters one of the following:
a) My doctor knows best, you nimcompoop. (Forgetting that you, yourself, asked for info.)
b) Thank you, but that's not what I meant!
c) Can we lock this thread already?

6. Rational thinkers will try to salvage the posting, but by then, everyone will have moved on or been locked out.

So... what was your question again?

OP this is so on target! I started a thread the other day, got some great advice from the first few posters that I actually implemented and was successful Bh! I went back on imamother later to see if there were any more responses and the thread was totally derailed with nasty comments spewing at me. Some of the "wise" advice would literally cause serious shalom bayis issues which I was trying to avoid in the first place. I think there is a lot of dysfunction here. I also think people have lost their ability to be reasonable and respectful towards your spouse/kid/parent/mother in law.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:54 am
InnerMe wrote:
First I was like say whaat.. This is too sarcastic to be my kind of thread. I'm outta here.

But guess what? The first tier posters proved me wrong! And made me lol. Like really lol.

So wait- was I allowed to say that? Or should I have opened a new thread to say that sarcasm is soooo disheartening?

Oh & guess what??! Op's not bringing sources, because those sources don't exist! (claps her hands in glee)

And even if OP has sources, it's totally not reliable. Say what? From that book/sefer? Don't you know that he was accused of misleading the masses and today he's buried together with all his books/sefarim??

You're just looking to stir up trouble. I've reported this post.

enneamom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 9:56 am
gingertop wrote:
I'm not arguing. *You* said something unbelievably wrong and *I* am just stating the inconvertible facts. If you would accept that then this whole discussion would be over.

I can't believe you would be so rude and inconsiderate. At least you had the guts to do it under your SN, unlike some people. Rolling Eyes

shyshira

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:01 am
enneamom wrote:
I can't believe you would be so rude and inconsiderate. At least you had the guts to do it under your SN, unlike some people. Rolling Eyes

LOL LOL LOL

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:02 am
enneamom wrote:

LOL!

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
You're just looking to stir up trouble. I've reported this post.

Are you for real?????!!

Can nothing be said on Imamother anymore?

And here I was trying to defend you Rolling Eyes

This is the very definition of "no good deed goes unpunished"

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:05 am
InnerMe wrote:
Are you for real?????!!

Can nothing be said on Imamother anymore?

And here I was trying to defend you Rolling Eyes

This is the very definition of "no good deed goes unpunished"

I'm chasidishe. What do you expect? (That guy upstate, at the grocery? My husband.)

gingertop

enneamom wrote:

And I can't believe these ad hominem attacks. Argue on the merit next time.

InnerMe

enneamom wrote:

Totally agree.

Like OP Rolling Eyes Why is she anon?

She's scared we'll throw sticks and stones bec. she didn't bring sources??

Well, than let her bring the sources!!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:07 am
InnerMe wrote:
Totally agree.

Like OP Rolling Eyes Why is she anon?

She's scared we'll throw sticks and stones bec. she didn't bring sources??

Well, than let her bring the sources!!

Sources? It's about a emunah!

I'll see if I can find the number of a mekubal for you. Sheesh.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
I'm chasidishe. What do you expect? (That guy upstate, at the grocery? My husband.)

Ahh..

Now it's all starting to fall in place.
Page 1 of 28   1  2  3  26  27  28  Next Recent Topics