Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is 3 nights in Niagara Falls too little? Traveling w kids

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 12:54 pm
We will be going to Niagara Falls next week. We booked the hotel for 3 nights/ 4 days. It’ll take us over 7 hours of driving to get there. I started thinking that it’s too short a stay for such a long drive. We will b traveling w little kids (ages 18 months thru 9 yrs). Should I extend my hotel rental?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 12:56 pm
No, it's not too short. I've been to Niagara three times at different stages in my life. Most we stayed was 2 nights and traveled home the third night.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:04 pm
When I took my kids there we stayed for 5 days and pretty much went everywhere. For one day we went to Niagara Safari, which is a really nice place for children but not important as part of the Niagara experience.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:16 pm
I wouldn't extend your stay. There aren't THAT many different ways to enjoy the Falls. Depending on how it goes, you can leave early on the final morning and plan activities for the return drive (check out Watkins Glen, Corning, and Taughannock Falls) if people have had enough, or if you're still enjoying it, that last full day will certainly be more than enough.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 1:21 pm
Op here. Thanks. Our reservations r from Sunday thru Wednesday. I’m thinking we should leave motze shabbos and drive a couple of hrs, stop in a cheap hotel and continue Sunday morning. Like this my kids will sleep through most of the ride (we have some people who get car sick). Or will it just be too tiring since shabbos ends really late and we’ll probably hit the road at midnight.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 3:37 pm
If you are looking for a longer vacation - you can "add-on" Toronto to your trip.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:20 pm
Toronto is a nice destination, but it's the wrong direction for somebody returning from Niagara to the NYC area, which will make the return trip really long. Toronto also needs more than just a day, so I'd suggest Niagara on the Lake, which is only about 15 minutes away from the famous falls, and is a beautiful place to walk around and rent bikes to ride along the bike paths never to the river.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 4:39 pm
We stopped in Syracuse- theres chabbad there if u need minyan and a huge mall with a few fun activities for all ages including some really awesome ones.
And in the correlle museum but I slept through that so u would need to ask others about it:)
We were in Niagara for 3 days 2 nights and it was more than enuf.

frumPA

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 6:35 pm
Not to hijack the thread but I am iyh planning to go to Niagara in August from brooklyn with 3 kids ages 3-8 and am looking for a nice attraction along the way ro break up the trip any ideas?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 6:45 pm
I'd say 4 days at Niagara is to long.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 7:03 pm
We are also going this summer. We are planning on spending two full days. Three kids under the age of nine. What do people suggest we do? What are the must attractions? Also, what is the food situation like?

tryinghard

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 7:11 pm
frumPA wrote:
Not to hijack the thread but I am iyh planning to go to Niagara in August from brooklyn with 3 kids ages 3-8 and am looking for a nice attraction along the way ro break up the trip any ideas?

Depends on your route, how far in you want to stop, what type of activity you want. Cayuga Nature Center apparently has a 6 story treehouse (and it's $4 entrance fee). Letchworth State Park is beautiful. There are canoe rentals on the Erie Canal. In Rochester, there's the awesome Strong Museum of Play.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 8:13 pm
doctorima wrote:
Toronto is a nice destination, but it's the wrong direction for somebody returning from Niagara to the NYC area, which will make the return trip really long. Toronto also needs more than just a day, so I'd suggest Niagara on the Lake, which is only about 15 minutes away from the famous falls, and is a beautiful place to walk around and rent bikes to ride along the bike paths never to the river.

Agree - it adds 1.5 hours if not driving during rush hour. (but its a lot more interesting for children than Niagara on the Lake).

pause

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:25 pm
Four days and three nights are more than enough.

The two absolute must-dos in Niagara are Cave of the Winds and Maid of the Mist. There are many more interesting attractions, but I would not miss either of those.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jun 28 2018, 10:37 pm
I did three nights in Niagara when my kids were 4, 3 and 1. It was the perfect amount of time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics