Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet that uses balls by your ears
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:50 am
STAY FAR AWAY!
Its nonsense. I was a fool and fell for it too.
They promised me 10% Weight loss or money back I lost 2% and never got my $ back.
I lost 2% because they starved me, was so unhealthy. When I realized it was a scam I gained that weight back right away.
The balls behind your ears does nothing but pass some time.
Trust me and dont attempt it.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:01 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
The costs aren’t “exorbitant”. It’s $100 for the first session and $50 a follow up. And the majority of people only need a month on the plan to get to their goal weight

I consider that expensive for just starving yourself and having a fidget toy to play with to remind you not to eat. If the point is to make sure you have a good transition plan afterwards then it's not the diet that's helping- it's changing your lifestyle and relationship to food that's helping you maintain weight loss. Put another way, someone who says this diet helped them lose and "keep off" X amount of weight is wrong. The diet helped them dump pounds by unhealthily starving themselves and doing who knows what to their physiology, which might do well in the short term if desperate but can be accomplished without shelling out a lot of money by simply not eating a lot and playing with a ball. Maybe transfer a rubber ball from one pocket to another, it will accomplish the same effect ,basically a talisman for you to feel a drive to continue starving yourself. But the maintenance has nothing to do with the diet.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:45 am
The weight loss people experience is mostly muscle mass because of not getting enough calories to maintain ones body.
That's how super low calorie diets work.

Fast weight loss of body FAT is impossible as the body burns fat slowly. A minimal calorie deficit and increasing physical activity is thr only safe way to lose body fat while maintaining muscle.
And by the way, especially if you're over 45 it can be very difficult to gain back the lost muscle. Decreased muscle mass is a big contributor to health problems later in life including osteoporosis and heart disease. "Overweight" people with a high percentage of muscle live longer and have a lower risk of disease than thin people.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:00 am
All the people I know who experienced and maintained weight loss increased their physical activity and slightly increased their calorie intake; they ran a small deficit, but they weren't eating less.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
They have a location In Lakewood-

The Sadkhin Complex
6520 US 9, Howell

My dh just started this diet and so far its working.
This thread is really making me nervous...

He says that he really does not feel hungry and he is actually enjoying healthy food for once.
Hey what could be so bad from being totally off of sugar and carbs?

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
My dh just started this diet and so far its working.
This thread is really making me nervous...

He says that he really does not feel hungry and he is actually enjoying healthy food for once.
Hey what could be so bad from being totally off of sugar and carbs?

This thread should not make you nervous at all.
Especially if your dh is happy and satisfied.
What works for one might not work for others. Ignore the negative comments. I’m currently on this diet for the second time. I absolutely love it. It’s the only diet that works for me with great results.
Tell your dh to just keep going...

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:35 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I know so many people who have lost the weight on this diet and kept it off. It’s about switching to healthy eating habits afterwards. The people who go back to their original eating habits will of course gain it all back. And it’s not “starvation”. It alternates between fruits and veggies days and milk says. Fruits and veggies days you can choose from a large list of fruit or vegetables to eat and literally have an unlimited amount of the ones you chose. Milk days are yes drinking milk or eating yogurt but you can also have an unlimited amount of onion soup whenever you want which he considers a freebie and that kept me satisfied, I was never hungry. Shabbos you can have 8 ounces of fish and meat.

I lost 9lb my first 10 days, and that was with skipping a couple days because of simchas.

I agree the balls are all psychological, but if it helps make it easier for some than who cares. It’s not a scam, it works as long as you follow the rules. And he says it’s only a way to reach your goal weight, then you need to learn healthy eating habits so you don’t gain it back. FYI, he offers FREE maintenance sessions to help you keep it off and give you healthy meal plans. For as long as you need it, I know people who are still seeing him every 2 weeks after 7 years of losing weight, and never gained a pound back.

Exactly this!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:43 pm
please dont scare people nobody died from this diet yet BH...so everyone is allowed to try it... from my experience this diet works wonders if you follow it.... I lost nicely my weight

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:49 pm
It is a fact that such diets typically cause weight gain in the long run. Crash dieting is never a good idea.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:54 pm
I love how many people criticize the diet when they didnt even try it!

I followed the sadkin diet under the guidance of toby lebovits. Besides for being certified by dr sadkin shes a college educated women and a health guru. She asks for your medical history and adjusts the plan accordingly.

She also tells you to take vitamins and if you dont listen, you'll become deficient!

I lost 17 lbs, and kept it off! How? By changing my eating habits!! Please find me one person who followed the maintenance program and gained it back? If your planning to eat pizza and carbs every day of course you'll gain it!

I did WW, I did fff, I did start fresh they were all a DIET. Sadkin became the way of life I eat without measuring my food

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:56 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I love how many people criticize the diet when they didnt even try it!

I've also never tried smoking or jumping off a bridge. I guess I should shut up when people recommend those.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I've also never tried smoking or jumping off a bridge. I guess I should shut up when people recommend those.

Seriously? The fruits and vegetable days are just like being a vegan nothing unhealthy! And I never did milk days! Oh and I never counted calories!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 1:03 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Seriously? The fruits and vegetable days are just like being a vegan nothing unhealthy!

I can't respond to that because I have no idea what you are trying to say.

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I can't respond to that because I have no idea what you are trying to say.

What she’s trying to say is- that eating fruits and vegetables is not exactly equivalent to jumping off a bridge

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:26 pm
Thanks Clowny for your info here and in pm

I would love to get more info from anyone here;

Is there any excercise involved? I'm terrible at sticking to any excercise except for walking.

The center is pretty close to me but I see Lebowitz mentioned here. Anyone knows the difference?

Thanks.

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Thanks Clowny for your info here and in pm

I would love to get more info from anyone here;

Is there any excercise involved? I'm terrible at sticking to any excercise except for walking.

The center is pretty close to me but I see Lebowitz mentioned here. Anyone knows the difference?

Thanks.

The only exercise they actually recommend is walking.
Toby Lebowitz is located in Monsey. I don’t know the exact difference, but the food plan was a little different- like adding fish and eggs. But at this point sadkhin complex added that too.
I think by now they’re pretty much the same.

mom of many kih

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:41 pm
Tobys office is in white plains if im not mistaking

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:03 pm
clowny wrote:
What she’s trying to say is- that eating fruits and vegetables is not exactly equivalent to jumping off a bridge

And indeed, nobody claimed such an equivalency.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:01 am
Toby is in white plain. She has Instagram. The only exercise required is walking for 30 minutes which sadly I never did. ..

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:01 am
mom of many kih wrote:
Tobys office is in white plains if im not mistaking

Her website says so.
I just spoke to someone that went to her
She personalizes the program much more than the Center does.

I know there is someone in Monsey that sells full meals and that there is a WhatsApp group for this program.
Just putting it out here for other people that want to know.

I will do some more research tomorrow and if I decide to do it I will come back to report success.

Thanks for your help ladies!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise