Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I fell. Hit my head...do I need ER??

mammala120

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:33 am
Hello ladies. I slipped down steps and hit my head backwards as I was landing....saw blackout colors as I hit my head on wood/hard tile...now what to do? I had very bad headache right after and put ice now for like 30 min and feel better do I still need ER. No blurry vision or confusion or loss of consciousness bhashem. Thankyiu

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:38 am
If you have no projectile vomiting, no loss of sensation inyour limbs, no weakness in your limbs, and are feeling better except for the headache, then I don't think you need to go to the ER *UNLESS* you are on blood thinners.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:38 am
Is your doctor's office open?
Is anyone home with you or are you alone?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:01 am
I would. DH would not. With the kids it's sadly a discussion we have sometimes. LOL
I would compromise on home visit if you have it.

cbg

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:26 am
The nausea Can come on much later.
Happened to me years ago
Call your dr.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:29 am
Another vote for call your doctor.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:39 am
I once fell from just standing up from the toilet and hit my head on the tile. The doctor said I needed a catscan even though I felt totally fine

tf

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:46 am
Rather play it safe than sorry

NovelConcept

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:51 am
Ruchel wrote:
I would. DH would not. With the kids it's sadly a discussion we have sometimes. LOL
I would compromise on home visit if you have it.

Sometimes? Um, how often do you throw your kids down the stairs? :S

Just joking! I know what you mean.

A huge object fell on my young child once, and though she seemed fine, it clearly was a miracle that she wasn't crushed and suffered no injury. I called Hatzalah, who checked her out. BH she was fine, but of course, they said given the way the injury happened, they would recommend checking it out further.

The head is really important. And the thing, with the brain, symptoms can show up much later. There can even be a skull fracture, chas v'shalom. Get it checked out. I would. And I HATE going to the ER, but with the head, and a bad headache afterwards, maybe...

Debbie

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 10:10 am
I also vote for calling your doctor, it's always best to get these things checked out, better safe than sorry.
Hatzlacha!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 10:15 am
Haha well once one fell from the couch, another one slipped on water...

clowny

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 10:49 am
Why don’t you call your doctor and get a prescription for x Ray or ct scan? You can avoid the ER. I think you should check it out.
2 of my children and dh already hit their head and bh it was always just a bad concussion and nothing serious but I still think you should check it out.

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:17 pm
You must go to a head trauma evaluation center. You may have had a mild concussion.

mammala120

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 4:21 pm
Thankyou everyone for your concerns and input. I really not sure yet. So far I felt better but headache returned I took Motrin waiting for it to kick in I don’t know if I should get a scan. I just really don’t have anyone that cares. My dh is caring but at work. I am all alone with kids. One of them sick now too. My mom just calls once a day or less just to check if we are not in any imminent danger otherwise doesn’t even visit. So yeh I just feel really down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics