Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Do you get a mitzva for fasting till chatzos
Previous  1  2

Shendellah

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 11:35 am
This is an interesting topic... I started feeling really sick around 6pm (after baths and I already made supper BH) I then just put on a movie and pretty much asked my young kids (ranging from 2 to 7 yrs old) to put themselves to bed...I felt like an awful mother curling up in bed lifeless (DH was at shul).. now I'm thinking I should have broken the fast when it started to get rough. I was also not able to prepare anything for my DH for the break fast..but he did ok with the fast and was able to put something together.. my only other thought was maybe it was chinuch for my kids to see me sticking it out?!?

keym

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 11:41 am
I just want to put out there, my rav holds if im still fasting when im davening, I say aneinu (and nacheim on 9 Av).
Those two short additions for me really bring into focus the meaning of the day.
So I try to take a few minutes to daven mincha as early as possible to get aneinu in even if I might end up breaking my fast later on.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 11:46 am
keym wrote:
I just want to put out there, my rav holds if im still fasting when im davening, I say aneinu (and nacheim on 9 Av).
Those two short additions for me really bring into focus the meaning of the day.
So I try to take a few minutes to daven mincha as early as possible to get aneinu in even if I might end up breaking my fast later on.

Thanks for sharing that.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:03 pm
Aylat wrote:
Rubo k'kulo, the majority is considered like the whole. Yes, there is a point in fasting til chatzot.

I think you have to know exactly how the concept of rubo k'kulo applies before you say it here. Can I keep shabbos till 3:00 and say rubo? Can I borrow $20 and pay back $15 and say rubo? I'm sure there are long sefarim on this topic. We can't just use it when it suits us.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions