Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Applying to more than 1 sem/yeshivah

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 3:05 pm
I understand u want to make sure your child will get in somewhere but because u applied to a few places others get rejected cos of no place .

I'm writing this cos my son didn't get accepted to the place we applied him . I met a friend and she said she got 3 yes's and they will decide in the next few WEEKS where they sending him . And they're not the only ones .
In the meantime we applied ds to our second option , dh wanted that place at first . They said they're quit full but will look in to it .

Pls decide where u sending and let the other places know you're not sending there so others can get in!!

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 3:07 pm
I can't help you with boys but with girl in sem? Yeah, you apply to 2-3. And in our case the principals help a lot with placement decisions, or what to do if there's a lack of decisions. BTDT.

For boys, do you mean high school? or the next step after high school? If high school, his rebbi and menahel should be helpful with deciding where to apply.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 3:10 pm
Are you sure that that qualifies as "full" just because they accepted someone? I would think that "full" means they have all these people registered already.
It is advisable to apply to at least three places, because if you only apply to one, and don't get accepted it's too late to apply elsewhere .

animeme

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 3:28 pm
It is definitely recommended to apply to more than one. If you know right away which you want, yes, answering quickly helpa the people on the waiting lists or who need to reapply. Reapplying tends to work best when started off by a phone call from the student's principal or someone connected to the school.

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 5:44 pm
In my experience the girls seminaries communicate with each other before sending out acceptance letters to make sure that mostly everyone has a place.

imamothertoo

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 6:01 pm
By the girls high schools and seminary, you only have a few days to accept and pay for ur spot. If u miss the deadline they give it away immediately so the girls don’t have that same luxury to wait as the boys seem to
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics