Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What happened to my dress? Help...got white splotches on ivo

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 5:23 pm
I have a black top and ivory bottom dress. Washed on cold delicate with regular detergent. Sprayed the bottom with shout since it got a stain on it. Now the bottom on the ivory part has white splatters splotches. Any remedy? It was a $129 dress Sad

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 7:03 pm
Bump

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 7:25 pm
The shout may have ruined it. I just did that to my sheet today. I sprayed oxy clean to get rid of a stain and wherever it sprayed there are white splotches. Not every fabric could handle these stain removers.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 7:46 pm
Oh man! So I guess it's over ? Sad

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
Oh man! So I guess it's over ? Sad

Is the bottom an easy hemlime to remove? Maybe you can take off the bottom, treat the fabric so that the color is even, and then sew it back on.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 7:58 pm
I would try this before giving up -

Pour Palmolive ultra on the spots (yes! Dish soap!) rub into the spots and let sit for a few hours

Then fill up the washing machine with a little Palmolive add cold water and wash again without adding detergent

This usually works... hope it helps!

LovetoLive

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:01 pm
you essentially bleached the ivory part.

you could spray shout all over the ivory bottom to even out the bleached sections. so the whole bottom will be the same color, but I don't take any responsibilty for the results. Cool

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:08 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
I would try this before giving up -

Pour Palmolive ultra on the spots (yes! Dish soap!) rub into the spots and let sit for a few hours

Then fill up the washing machine with a little Palmolive add cold water and wash again without adding detergent

This usually works... hope it helps!

Dish soap is great but if you have an HE machine, do not put any dish soap, or any clothes with even just a bit of dish soap residue on it, into the machine. The suds are too much for the machine to handle (which is why you need to use special HE detergent in such machines).

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Dish soap is great but if you have an HE machine, do not put any dish soap, or any clothes with even just a bit of dish soap residue on it, into the machine. The suds are too much for the machine to handle (which is why you need to use special HE detergent in such machines).

Thanks! I have a good old fashioned machine Smile so will try the palmolive!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry