Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Backhouses in LA for a long weekend in August

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:10 am
I was wondering where I'd be able to get a backhouse in LA for a few nights in August.
Is there a Hachnosas Orchim type of organization or do people do it on an individual basis?
I don't really have any relatives there that I can ask, that's why I'm coming here. Any information would be very appreciated.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:14 am
What's a backhouse?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:16 am
In the NY area it's considered a Hachnosas Orchim room or small studio apartment, with a separate entrance for guests. I was told it's called a backhouse in LA.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:33 am
Sorry. I thought you were referring to a beach house and was going to suggest Airbnb

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:47 am
I appreciate your response though.

gumby

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 10:26 am
Most people who have them rent them out and don’t just give them to people.

simba

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 10:31 am
And yet there are many that will be happy to host you for free. What area you looking to be in and how much census do you need? I would be half to ask my family there for some contacts for you.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:14 am
My parents live in Los Angeles but live in a small house with no room for married kids + grandkids and I have been finding it harder and harder by the year to find a place to stay to visit my family.

Real estate in LA is so expensive that many people are turning a back house or even a single bedroom in their home into (usually legal) long-term rental properties or Airbnb-type places.

So even though I’m a native and can network with ppl I know firsthand, it’s gotten so that I can’t even visit home for cheap. 😔
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics