Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
AMAZING price on weighted blankets!!

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 8:27 am
Sensorygoods.com

Apply code 24free and get 40$ off of your weighted blankets.

These are usually super expensive, and this is the best price I've seen all year! I own two of these, one with glass beads and one with plastic beads. The glass ones are infinitely better. To calculate what weight you need, take ten percent of your weight (or your child's, whoever this is for) and add 1-2 pounds. For kids, I would stick to this rule. For adults, I personally like mine heavier than recommended (According to this mine should be 14 lbs and mine is 17). For anyone that is a sensory adult or child, this can be extreamly helpful. I started sleeping with one regularly two years ago and cannot believe how it carries over during the day and lessens my sensory issues.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 8:28 am
Does it make you overheated?

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 8:52 am
I sleep with my A/C on 74 and I sleep with this AND another cotton comforter on top. In the winter I have this plus a down blanket on top.
without A/c I don't know how it would feel, but I assume anyone sleeping in 95 degrees wants nothing on them.
Hope that is helpful!

SDmother

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 9:02 am
Is there a coupon for shipping? It's $15!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 9:29 am
We keep the a/c at 72 but my dd sweats by nature.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 9:47 am
Sorry to preach and go a bit off topic, but I have to add:

Please don't have a child sleep with a weighted blanket. Use it for about 20 minutes to help them fall asleep and then take it off.

It should be small enough that it doesn't hang down off the bed etc, putting extra pressure on the child.

We made ours small so this wouldn't happen. A full size weighted blanket would be too big for a child. And folding it is even worse because it makes it heavier.

Maybe you can buy this one and cut/ resew it into 2 child size blankets!

And like I said, take it off them after they fall asleep. If your child is very young (maybe under 4 years), I would also be extra safe and confirm with the pediatrician that they are big enough to handle a weighted blanket at all.

bestme

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 9:55 am
Thank you. I just ordered a blanket. Only the blanket is on sale.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 10:02 am
For an adult, can one keep the blanket on all night?

subee

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 10:32 am
I ordered it, thanks. Got free shipping.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 10:40 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
For an adult, can one keep the blanket on all night?

I don't know if there is research on this for sure. Make the weight is less, and be careful it can't hang off the bed. If you have health conditions, check with your doctor, but if you go easy on the weight, I imagine its ok. Google for more info... I have to run into the grocery now!

bestme

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 11:26 am
Subee how did you get free shipping?

NovelConcept

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 11:32 am
PassionFruit wrote:
I sleep with my A/C on 74 and I sleep with this AND another cotton comforter on top. In the winter I have this plus a down blanket on top.
without A/c I don't know how it would feel, but I assume anyone sleeping in 95 degrees wants nothing on them.
Hope that is helpful!

shock
My AC is set to anywhere between 60 and 64.

To me, 74 is already overly hot.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 11:49 am
NovelConcept wrote:
shock
My AC is set to anywhere between 60 and 64.

To me, 74 is already overly hot.

60? Do you mean on a window unit or split unit? The temperatures work differently on an HVAC unit and 60 degrees Fahrenheit wouldn't make sense on central air.

NovelConcept

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 12:04 pm
Window.

cbg

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
60? Do you mean on a window unit or split unit? The temperatures work differently on an HVAC unit and 60 degrees Fahrenheit wouldn't make sense on central air.

60? Central air? I live in FL, where most houses have central air. 60 is EXTREMELY cold. And most units would freeze over. I keep my central ac at 70 and everyone is always saying it’s very cold

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 2:12 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
Window.

I figured. The window units do not show actual real feel temperatures on their screens.
Anything lower than a real 69 degrees Fahrenheit in a room will have you shivering and you wouldn't be able to feel your toes. Normal in house temperature is around 71/72 degrees.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 04 2018, 3:21 pm
I am an adult who has been sleeping all night with a weighted blanket, for about 7 years now.

If you tend to overheat, get a 100% cotton cover. I tend to be cold all the time, so I had mine custom made with the microfiber plush that baby blankets are made from. It's like snuggling up with a giant kitten. Bliss!

I've never slept so well in my life, and I've suffered from insomnia as long as I can remember. My nervous system tends to get over-amped, and the weight of the blanket gives me instant relaxation.

I have a friend with terrible restless leg syndrome, and I suggested that she get a half size blanket for her legs. She's gotten a lot of relief, when nothing else has helped.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars