Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Questions about Jerusalem light festival

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:45 am
We are going tonight to the light festival and I was wondering if anyone can advise the best place to park as well as the best route for a family of 7. We would prefer to avoid music, women dancing etc, so that dh will be comfortable. Any other tips? We've never been.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 5:51 am
We went and it was beyond crowded.... my husband was not very comfortable ... that being said we took the train and walked through mamilla there was no music or dancing. Just big crowds.

etky

Post Thu, Jul 05 2018, 8:52 am
Park in Mamilla and just walk up the steps through Luciana.
It is crazy crowded. We broke away from the festival route at the Cardo because it was just too claustrophobic. We bore right and exited by the Rova parking lot and walked back through Sha'ar Tzion, where they also have nice exhibits.
There is music but it was last week so it wasn't an issue.
I don't remember dancing but maybe that's because it was so crowded and we missed it....
All in all it is very special - just come prepared for crowds.
Also, wear walking shoes. I wore a wedge sandal and regretted not having come in sneakers or other flats.

LisaS

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 11:35 pm
Thanks for the warning about the crowds! I told the kids that I heard it was crowded but they still wanted to go. BH we parked easily at mamilla, but when we got to shaar yafo the crowds were too much for dh, so he sat happily at a corner in mamilla with a mishnayot and the kids and I continued on for about 1.25 hour. We didn't go into shaar yafo, but walked around to shaar tzion. They had a blast and we got some gorgous pictures out of it. BH we got home easily too (another concern of mine).

(Don't know why I posted anonymous when I started the thread.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions