Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Help with a gourmet shabbos lunch menu
Previous  1  2

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 5:27 pm
[quote="SuperWify"]I agree that you don’t need to cook gourmet just because that’s what your guests eat, but you definitely could up your ante because your having guests. I do at least.

First course:
Make a lot of salads and dips (or buy them). Serve a grilled chicken or steak salad with a choice of dressings (oil and mayo based).

Second:
Then you can serve eggs, liver and some finger foods (are you into Syrian Mazza? lachmagene [meat pizzas], mini chicken nuggets are not too hard to make).

Third:
A platter of cold cuts, cholent (make Chamin instead of you feel daring), and overnight potato kugel. If you have a second crock pot you can make a pulled beef roast (yum) as well.

For desert serve vanilla ice cream but dress it up with a chocolate ganache or caramel sauce and pecans along side a good cookie. A platter of assorted nuts and candy and another of fruit are also a welcome addition. Serve with a light dessert wine.

Good luck and enjoy! Don’t stress!![/quot

Funny I usually make lachmagine but was out of meat and store didn't have the type I like. But these people would appreciate it.
Could you give me the recipe for Syrian mazza? My family is very into Syrian food although we are very not Sephardi .

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:

Funny I usually make lachmagine but was out of meat and store didn't have the type I like. But these people would appreciate it.
Could you give me the recipe for Syrian mazza? My family is very into Syrian food although we are very not Sephardi .

Mazza is s general term for finger foods. There are all kinds- lachmagene is one. Mini schnitzel, Franks in blanks, kibbe, cigars , empanades ect are others.

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 7:38 pm
Thank you so much to the poster who suggested a crudité platter. I didn’t know what it was and looked it up and the pictures online were so beautiful so I decided to make one for dinner tonight. Good Shabbos!

sl18

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 3:55 pm
To the OP: Tricolor gefilte fish sounds very fancy to me Cool

Can you tell me what this isand/or what the recipe is? Thanks!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 10:34 am
sl18 wrote:
To the OP: Tricolor gefilte fish sounds very fancy to me Cool

Can you tell me what this isand/or what the recipe is? Thanks!

It's three layers of fish. One roll is plain gefilta fish the next is plain gefilta fish with dill and the third is salmon fish roll.
It's really good and looks pretty when plated nicely.
I got the recipe from Jaime Geller Joy of Kosher website.

sl18

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 11:03 am
Thanks!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note