Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Social worker, therapist

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 10:22 am
I'm almost finished my BA in liberal arts with TTI.
Does anyone know if I can somehow transfer this to get a degree in social work? I started out with this to have a degree in special Ed, but things changed and now I'm interested in social work or therapist.
Thanks so much for your help

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:07 am
You would need to follow up your BA with a masters degree, MSW

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:08 am
pesek zman wrote:
You would need to follow up your BA with a masters degree, MSW

Right that's what I want to do, but my question is would a college take my liberal arts masters from TTI, and does TTI offer this degree?

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:13 am
I constantly see these programs advertised, but I'm sorry that I don't have any more information.

As for your BA, it's a valid degree and should be accepted by most master's programs. I am getting a similar degree, not through TTI, and I researched this before going this route.

ETA: you may need to take some courses as prerequisites, and there may be other requirements. The college you are applying to will let you know.

Last edited by Mommyg8 on Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:17 am
I know from colleagues of mine that not all colleges accept that degree. But I don’t have much more helpful info. Sorry.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
Right that's what I want to do, but my question is would a college take my liberal arts masters from TTI, and does TTI offer this degree?

Call TTI, they get these questions all the time. They will be able to tell you what you can do.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 2:40 pm
Yes you can def use that degree to get into a social work program. Start asking around about programs in your area.

lavenderchimes

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:

TTI will be able to tell you everything you need to know. Just go in and talk to them, and you'll have your answers:)

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 6:24 pm
Are you sure this is what you want to do.. it is a very emotionally draining job. I don’t think people realize.

octopus

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 6:55 pm
Maybe check out mental health counseling and if you can do same thing with that. Touro offers this program. I think it's just a different pathway and basically same type of degree

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 1:54 am
I have heard from many people that they couldn't get into graduate school with TTI degrees. It just doesn't compare to other colleges. Even if you do amazing on GREs, schools know that you don't have the same rigorous course requirements.
Sorry but from my research it is almost worthless. And especially NY schools know what TTI is...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics