Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Need stroller advice asap! which to buy?..

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 1:46 pm
FTM, baby due in less than two weeks iy"h. Some background: I live in monsey, and we use our car to get everywhere- therefore I really need a stroller that is easy to fold up/ reassemble and not huge and bulky. My parents already purchased us a car seat that was on sale online, its a three- in- one convertible one that grows with the baby so B"H we are set there! I know that doonas are very practical for easily going in and out of car, but most people I know have that plus another carriage as they don't have much storage space etc. And thats not cheap! plus we already have a carseat, as I said. I have heard that the uppababy vista may be a good choice for us.. any thoughts?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 2:06 pm
I love the uppababy Vista, it is my absolute most favorite stroller- but some people find it bulky to take in and out of the car.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 2:09 pm
I’m in the same boat as you. I think I’m gonna just start with something simple like the snap n go, or another basic car seat carrier, and then get a nicer stroller once I have a sense of what my life with a baby actually looks like.

superjew1

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 3:42 pm
So here's the rundown:
1. The carseat you have now sounds like it is not an infant carseat (you can click those out of the base that's in the car and click it into a comparable stroller). I would recommend you purchase a cheap infant carseat so that you can easily hope out of the car, open stroller, click carseat in and you are good to go, no dealing with carseat straps to take baby in and out of car. Definitely the easiest option for the first 6 months or so depending on baby size (my baby is small so she's still in an infant carseat at 10 months)
You can use a cheap Graco or Chicco carseat with a snap and go stroller frame, easy, simple, light
2. As far as a stroller goes you have a few good options
-a great, small stroller such as the yoyo zen (more luxurious, expensive, no carseat attaching option) or a mountain buggy nano (can attach a carseat but not ideal because it desnt snap in, need to buckle it. The problem with these is you can only use the seat on them from 6 months old. They don't have a full recline newborn position. Those strollers I mentioned are just baout 13 lbs! Really light!
- get a sturdy good stroller, a little heavier like an uppababy cruz (expensive, a little heavy but more lightweight then the Vista, can attach careat with attachment, or if you plan on suing the 3 in 1 you already have then you can unbuckle baby and put them straight in the seat, can buy newborn insert) for this stroller the seat needs to be removed in order to put carseat im
- get a Chicco stroller like the bravo, it's a little better then graco (carseat can click in on top of seat in the stroller with certain models, convenient because you don't need to have the removable seat and the carseat and have to keep switching them, you can just use the carseat right on top or choose to take the baby out and place straight into the stroller without the carseat (like for the park or something))
- another great stroller that's super easy to fold (only need one hand and one motion) is the city mini gt, can also be comparable with a carseat but you need adapter. Seat also stays in stroller when you attach carseat so I find that more convenient then needing to take out the seat to put carseat on like with the fancier, European style strollers

So that's basically it. I would say snap and go with infant carseat for newbord and yoyo zen for when the baby is big enough. If that's too expensive then mountain buggy (half the price!)
Or I would go for the Citi mini- decent price, easy fold, not very bulky, good quality and can choose to use infant carseat with it if you choose to buy one.

Hope that helps.
Also I watched a lot of videos from magic beans on YouTube. They have tons of stroller and carseat reviews that are helpful but mostly just the fancier, luxurious strollers

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 3:51 pm
I had your type of car seat with my last and had a citi Mini stroller. I got amazing use out of both products until that child was four.
Now with my newborn DH said he likes the infant car seat carrier better so that you don't have to put baby in and out of the seat each time you run into a store etc. it disturbs the baby if they are sleeping often causing them to wake up and cry etc.
so we got the infant carrier until she'll be able to be forward facing and then will get the larger style car seat.
I plan on purchasing another citi mini for her as well. I live in Monsey and walk a lot .

mushkale

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 4:05 pm
I have a Britax, forgot the model with the infant car seat that clicks into it so its like a snap n go on that sense but I didn't need a complete second stroller when the baby was ready for a proper seat and the stroller is quite good too. Both pieces together was about $450 which is great. I'm very happy with it.

Also check out Lucies List. It's a great site with all things baby related with reviews and pros and cons of everything.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 5:06 pm
I have the uppa baby vista. I have an SUV so depending on how my trunk is configured at the time sometimes I have more space and sometimes I have less. I find that if you store the frame and seat separately it takes up much less space. Over all I like how easy it is to push. I also really like parent facing options and the huge basket.

There are two big flaws in the 2015 model.

1) The straps are pretty annoying to adjust as the baby gets taller.
2) My middle child was too tall for the stroller before he even turned 3 and he was considered very average in terms of height. For someone who likes to let their kids stay in the stroller past the age of 3 it may not work for you. My kids are usually done with the stroller by that age so for me its less of a deal but it cost a lot for a kid to out grow it so soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics