Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Back Lawrence

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 5:41 pm
Looking to move to the five towns and saw a house we really like in back Lawrence. Anyone on here live there? Are there young families living there or are most older?

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 06 2018, 5:43 pm
My guess is that the area is so expensive that most young families are priced out

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 2:34 pm
There are lots of Orthodox families living there. Some young families. But I don't think it's a particularly friendly place, so it doesn't matter that much.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 9:40 pm
Older and more modern orthodox . Check out if it’s in the Erev, how far the walk from shul is, taxes, green flies and still see if it’s worth the good price you are getting.

Chloe22

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 10:19 pm
Also check to see how that area fared during Hurricane Sandy - if it flooded

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Jul 07 2018, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
There are lots of Orthodox families living there. Some young families. But I don't think it's a particularly friendly place, so it doesn't matter that much.

I happen to live there and it is a friendly place. Making generalizations without firsthand knowledge is lashon hara and just generally not very nice. People make it a point to say good Shabbos and it definitely has more of a community feel than other frum places. At the same time, there is also more privacy than Lakewood or Flatbush or Far Rockaway, which my husband and I really like.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
I happen to live there and it is a friendly place. Making generalizations without firsthand knowledge is lashon hara and just generally not very nice. People make it a point to say good Shabbos and it definitely has more of a community feel than other frum places. At the same time, there is also more privacy than Lakewood or Flatbush or Far Rockaway, which my husband and I really like.

The privacy aspect is definitely a positive but I want to make sure my kids will have other kids to play with. Are there a lot of other families with young children in your neighborhood?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating