Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Anyone here watch ''disobedience''????
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 1:59 am
ra_mom wrote:
They did a good job portraying Jewish life. Much better than other movies I've seen.
The 2 things that left me scratching my head though was the "may you live a long life" wishes. I couldn't quite figure out where they got that from.
And I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they kept talking about the hespid, and how great it would be. Though the hespid wasn't at the lavaya. It seemed to be more of a shloshim speech. So that was confusing.

I thought "may you live a long life" was a very loose translation of 'Zei Gezunt'. (no idea if that community uses that phrase often).

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
I thought "may you live a long life" was a very loose translation of 'Zei Gezunt'. (no idea if that community uses that phrase often).

Zei gezunt means “be well”, which as expression even nonjews use. Why would they bother to translate it as live a long life unless they were trying for a more foreign effect?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 3:42 pm
If anyone who watched would care to specify the minutes which contain the questionable scene, I might want to watch it and just skip over that stuff.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:14 pm
I really liked Ushpizin. What are The Void and The Wedding Plan about?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
If anyone who watched would care to specify the minutes which contain the questionable scene, I might want to watch it and just skip over that stuff.

Just ran through it. About 1:05 to 1:0830. Or you can skip the whole scene from 1:04 to 1:1030.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:41 pm
I think they said may you live a long life, is because they judged her unfavorably ;meaning that they said she wouldn’t come back home after her father died . When u are dan lkaf zchus your supposed to give a Bracha .
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics