Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Presents for Israel

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 11:23 pm
I was thinking of getting faux leather tablecloths or glitzy napkin rings ( like sparkly from close out connection) or some other table decor for Israeli family when we visit Israel. I thought maybe the leather bc they are in here. I don't think it's like terryline that comes from Israel? In which case they don't need it from America? I always have a hard time knowing what to get extended family when we visit. Do these ideas sound good? Any other ideas?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:21 am
Star kist tuna in the pouches is pretty much the only thing I ask people to bring me from America. And Montreal steak spice.

heidi

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 1:09 am
Leather tablecloth sounds like a great idea. You can get them here but they are super expensive. I would personally love one!

cinnamon

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 4:16 am
Do they have kids?
I always prefer getting toys or games for the kids more then house ware but maybe thats just me.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 5:54 am
If it's for someone that enjoys trendy items then definitely go for the tablecloth. It's a gift that's different and special.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 5:57 am
Israeli tables tend to be narrower than American ones. If the tablecloth is too wide it will drape on to the chairs.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:51 am
Ok this info is helpful. These are hostess gifts. I will get a toy in addition. I didn't realize about narrower tables- I have to find out. Are the crushed velvet equally in? Or is leather more so? I actually don't have the leather but I have been noticing they are in. I want to try to get eonhing that feels trendy from America but will be also liked and appreciated even if they didn't know about it beforehand.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:35 am
Are leather tablecloths a thing in the US?

This doesn't sound very practical...

And crushed velvet sounds very heavy and old-fashioned.

etky

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:53 pm
I'd be careful because it sounds like a matter of personal taste.
I've never seen a leather or faux-leather tableloth but from the sound of it I would hate it.
And I agree with Dr. Mom about the crushed velvet being heavy and old fashioned. It's also not really appriopriate for the climate here during most of the year.
I would actually ask your hostess if there is anything she would appreciate from the 'old country'.
I'm running low on McCormick granulated onion powder and plan on asking my houseguest who will be arriving in August to bring me some, along with some Old Bay and crushed rosemary. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics