Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dh thinks it's weird
1  2  Next

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:06 am
So I was feeling constipated over shabbos and yesterday I sent dh to buy prune juice. Dh is very secretive about anything to do with the bathroom and I wasn't surprised that DH "hid" the prune juice amongst 20 bags of chips and pretzels. He can't just buy prune juice because anybody seeing this will figure that someone in the house is constipated and it's weird if someone knows that. So he takes 20 bags of chips to the counter with the juice. Is it weird? Would you feel embarrassed walking into a supermarket and bringing just a bottle of prune juice to the checkout and meeting a neighbor or 2 on line?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:08 am
This made me laugh. Prune juice is meant to be a drink just like apple juice and cranberry juice.
It just so happens that it can help with constipation. We all have our quirks I guess.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:10 am
I assume DH never picks up pads like ever.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:13 am
Some guys are like that. I would say vag*a constipated period like 100 times in his face!!
Why was that edited?! Its a scientific term!!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:26 am
I think it's weird to check out what other people are buying.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:30 am
Too bad he didn't buy more nutritious (or at least fiber-rich) foods with which to "hide" the prune juice.

Maybe if you had more of that around, you wouldn't be constipated. Smile

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
So I was feeling constipated over shabbos and yesterday I sent dh to buy prune juice. Dh is very secretive about anything to do with the bathroom and I wasn't surprised that DH "hid" the prune juice amongst 20 bags of chips and pretzels. He can't just buy prune juice because anybody seeing this will figure that someone in the house is constipated and it's weird if someone knows that. So he takes 20 bags of chips to the counter with the juice. Is it weird? Would you feel embarrassed walking into a supermarket and bringing just a bottle of prune juice to the checkout and meeting a neighbor or 2 on line?

Following that vein, ginger-ale can get on line too, and wait! maybe pretzels is a secret cure for constipation! If I'd be behind dh, I'd most definitely assume that. LOL

And seriously, no I wouldn't. But like thunderstorm said.. we all got our stuff.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:33 am
I can’t imagine that scenario because I’ve never left a supermarket with just one item. But if I was buying pads or similar even with other items I wouldn’t like to bump into a neighbor in the line. Prune juice is less conspicuous especially because you can turn the label away and it looks like any dark juice.

Walmart grocery pickup solves all my problems these days - I don’t have to enter the store...

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:39 am
OK, it's a quirk......

My favorite chocolate cake recipe calls for a cup of prune juice. It never occurred to me that when I buy it, someone on line will be thinking - yeah, she's constipated.

Tell him people will just think you're baking Debsey's chocolate cake. But then they'll know you're on imamother.
maybe it's better they think you're constipated.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:41 am
debsey wrote:
OK, it's a quirk......

My favorite chocolate cake recipe calls for a cup of prune juice. It never occurred to me that when I buy it, someone on line will be thinking - yeah, she's constipated.

Tell him people will just think you're baking Debsey's chocolate cake. But then they'll know you're on imamother.
maybe it's better they think you're constipated.

You totally made me laugh!!!

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:57 am
InnerMe wrote:
You totally made me laugh!!!

Glad to be of service..... LOL

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:05 pm
I’m the self conscious type so if buying one item is uncomfortable I would buy a few more things that I need or at least it would be things that I could use at some point. I think most men don’t really care what they are buying- it’s interesting that your dh does care!
In general, these days grocery stores deliver and you can order almost anything on amazon without bumping into people!
BTW.... I’m in my 40’s and I still have this image in my mind when I was in 10th grade and I met my Chumash teacher in the pharmacy standing in line holding an oversized box of pads (I think they came in boxes in those days)

Miri7

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:14 pm
Well, if you buy any food at all, people know you’ll be pooping it out later!

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:27 pm

ima_anon

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:32 pm
DH wouldn’t have a problem with it, then again he’s bought pads before.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 2:22 pm
I don't think DH would have a problem with it, but he would never buy me pads, ever. (I've bought diarrhea medication for him though Wink ) I myself do the hiding thing if I'm buying a pregnancy test...

debsey

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 2:42 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Well, if you buy any food at all, people know you’ll be pooping it out later!
....you have a point......

4pom

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 3:15 pm
I knew people like this. Not sure about prune juice but self-concious about lots of stuff ...
Always wondered if this is a European/ British thing Or personality ?

Woman of Valor

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 3:49 pm
Um, I do think it is awkward, sorry. I am with your husband! Totally get him. It IS basically an announcement that someone is constipated, which is very noticeable if it's the only item.

boysrus

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 4:00 pm
The only thing I can ever imagine hiding is pregnancy tests. But then again, when buying pregnancy tests, I go to pharmacies that arent usually frequented by people I know.
Prune juice? No, no problem. Its delicious!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics