Home

Is this normal? Fear of MAGA hat on child?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic       Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Pewter


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:23 pm
Well yes, if the imamother demographic signifies anything then it makes perfect sense to be fear what would happen if your kid wears a MAGA hat. I'm even too scared to post as anonymous on these topics anymore.
Back to top

Jeanette









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
Well yes, if the imamother demographic signifies anything then it makes perfect sense to be fear what would happen if your kid wears a MAGA hat. I'm even too scared to post as anonymous on these topics anymore.


What has happened to you so far as a result of your anonymous posting?
Back to top

amother




White


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:25 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Just a hunch. Only Trump supporters conflate criticism of Trump with hatred of fellow Jews.

Anyway it's not ahavas Yisroel to point fingers and accuse others of being the cause of the churban.


Omg. Who said anything at all about Trump? I'm not talking about criticism of Trump. I have plenty to add on that topic. I'm talking about the personal hatred being flung from one camp to another. Sinah is the cause of the churban, nothing to do with my personal accusations.
Back to top

Jeanette









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
Omg. Who said anything at all about Trump? I'm not talking about criticism of Trump. I have plenty to add on that topic. I'm talking about the personal hatred being flung from one camp to another. Sinah is the cause of the churban, nothing to do with my personal accusations.


Perhaps I misunderstood your point. My apologies.
Back to top

sushilover









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 6:40 pm
Jeanette wrote:
It's really not possible because as someone pointed out, our perspectives are just so far apart.

Some people look at Trump and see an obvious crook, a bloviating self promoter and narcissist who ONLY acts in his own interests, never in the interests of America.

Others see a proud American Pro-Israel president fulfilling every conservative fantasy of control of America for decades to come. Oh and has a slight verbal diarrhea problem, no big deal. How could a Jew NOT support Trump?

It's really hard to find middle ground here. Like it's very hard for me to see how a person reads Trump's crazy tweets and sees a normal person, let alone a person fit to lead the free world. That's why most Trump supporter here tell you that we just shouldn't pay any attention to his tweets (or his rallies, his speeches or his interviews).


Don't you think the middle ground would include people like me? Conservatives who appreciate a lot of what Trump is doing for our country,vehemently condemns his verbal diarrhea, dislikes his personality, but also thinks he's an 'equal opportunity offender' and not a racist/homophobe/misogynist.

I'm asking because I genuinely want to understand your perspective.
Back to top

Jeanette









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 7:18 pm
Okay.

So my perspective is that no policy goal is worth having a criminal, a con, a fraudster with ties to a hostile foreign government running our country. The risks are simply too great.

I'm afraid for our country every day he's in office.

I want to see Trump contained. I want him exposed. I want him to pay for his crimes.

There is no overriding policy goal that supersedes that.

I ask you why Trump seems so afraid of Mueller and why he is so determined to undermine him at every turn. Does that seem innocent to you?

If you compare Trump and Mueller side by side, which one seems more loyal to the country? Which one seems like the bigger threat? Is there room for middle ground on this question?
Back to top

amother




Lilac


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:22 pm
Sadie wrote:
Sorry snowflake, why don’t you go color in your adult coloring book and cry into your Cheerios about it.

For those conservatives who got offended by this, such statements are made to liberals. All the time. On this site. And everywhere else.

Basically the Trump camp is divided into two groups. Those who do exactly the same things they accuse the liberals of doing; and Fox, whose methods of debating is limited to name-dropping obscure references to one time incidents and pretending they are rampant and mainstream. Sure, they make her seem smart, but they are also misleading and disingenuous.
Back to top

flowerpower









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:25 pm
Op, to answer your question... some liberals can be aggressive. So if they see a cap on a little child ( that they find “offensive”) then they may have the impulse of doing something. Unfortunately🤷🏼‍♀️
Back to top

Maya









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:28 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Op, to answer your question... some liberals can be aggressive. So if they see a cap on a little child ( that they find “offensive”) then they may have the impulse of doing something. Unfortunately🤷🏼‍♀️

Winner of the most ridiculous post on this thread.

No one, on either side, had condoned violence in any form, and especially not on a child. If you really believe that liberals would attack a child over a hat, I’m sorry to say you are seriously deluded.


Last edited by Maya on Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

sushilover









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:38 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Okay.

So my perspective is that no policy goal is worth having a criminal, a con, a fraudster with ties to a hostile foreign government running our country. The risks are simply too great.

I'm afraid for our country every day he's in office.

I want to see Trump contained. I want him exposed. I want him to pay for his crimes.

There is no overriding policy goal that supersedes that.

I ask you why Trump seems so afraid of Mueller and why he is so determined to undermine him at every turn. Does that seem innocent to you?

If you compare Trump and Mueller side by side, which one seems more loyal to the country? Which one seems like the bigger threat? Is there room for middle ground on this question?


Fair enough. I wish more people on the left had your perspective.
I don't think we would have people scared to dress their child in a MAGA hat if the #Resistance was simply afraid that Trump is a criminal.
Unfortunately, if someone thinks Trump is literally Hitler, obviously they would view a MAGA hat as a KKK hood or swastika.

As to your question, how about we wait for Mueller investigation to come up with proof that there was election collusion with Russia? So far, he's indicted people on the charge of lying to the FBI, but that's not collusion, no matter how much some may wish it is.
If and when Mueller comes up with credible evidence of collusion, we can discuss how much of a threat Trump is. Until then, you'll have a hard time convincing me that Trump is a traitor.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:39 pm
I’m the furthest from a Trump supporter and its my first time commenting on a political post here. I am deeply embarrassed by the behaviors and words of people I assumed were like-minded. Not people in political positions but secular leaders of “self development/ personal growth/ parenting/ etc. Some beliefs / words can be easily seen as misguided but when it hits the nasty/ sarcasm as people did here, I truly wonder who is simply on the side of goodness. That's my camp. Unfortunately- completely unexpected to me its people on the left that have shown surprisingly dark and violent and non-good sides.
I’m still in shock.
Trying to find a place of likeminded people. Bc I may not agree with conservative but I most definitely politely disagree and refuse to join the rabble on either side.
I can have a vigorous, sharp, intellectual conversation and be critical and even condescending but am not stooping to the lows of some posters. Who seem to be following the public liberals and what would have been called (in a completely non-pc way) the ways of ignorant, racist, white-trash republicans.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
I’m the furthest from a Trump supporter and its my first time commenting on a political post here. I am deeply embarrassed by the behaviors and words of people I assumed were like-minded. Not people in political positions but secular leaders of “self development/ personal growth/ parenting/ etc. Some beliefs / words can be easily seen as misguided but when it hits the nasty/ sarcasm as people did here, I truly wonder who is simply on the side of goodness. That's my camp. Unfortunately- completely unexpected to me its people on the left that have shown surprisingly dark and violent and non-good sides.
I’m still in shock.
Trying to find a place of likeminded people. Bc I may not agree with conservative but I most definitely politely disagree and refuse to join the rabble on either side.
I can have a vigorous, sharp, intellectual conversation and be critical and even condescending but am not stooping to the lows of some posters. Who seem to be following the public liberals and what would have been called (in a completely non-pc way) the ways of ignorant, racist, white-trash republicans.


All that said. Would you have any concerns sending your child out to a crowded public place (probably in the tristate area) in a MAGA hat?
Back to top

amother




Azure


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:51 pm
Maya wrote:
Winner of the most ridiculous post on this thread.

No one, on either side, had condoned violence in any form, and especially not on a child. If you really believe that liberals would attack a child over a hat, I’m sorry to say you are seriously deluded.


Wasn't there a story recently where a 16 year old teenager was verbally attacked for his hat:
https://news4sanantonio.com/ne.....-again-hat

(there are conflicting reports that something racist may have been said but there is no proof and it was taken down).

There are plenty of tweets, even by radio broadcasters supporting the act of verbally attacking and stealing hats of people wearing MAGA hat after this incident. So even if motivated for other reasons it was supported for the hat alone.

I'm the OP of this thread - that is actually what made me think it would not be a good idea. My daughter just thought it was a great red hat the size of her head.
Based on the amount of hatred in this thread I see it would be a really bad idea.
Back to top

Jeanette









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:53 pm
sushilover wrote:
Fair enough. I wish more people on the left had your perspective.
I don't think we would have people scared to dress their child in a MAGA hat if the #Resistance was simply afraid that Trump is a criminal.
Unfortunately, if someone thinks Trump is literally Hitler, obviously they would view a MAGA hat as a KKK hood or swastika.

As to your question, how about we wait for Mueller investigation to come up with proof that there was election collusion with Russia? So far, he's indicted people on the charge of lying to the FBI, but that's not collusion, no matter how much some may wish it is.
If and when Mueller comes up with credible evidence of collusion, we can discuss how much of a threat Trump is. Until then, you'll have a hard time convincing me that Trump is a traitor.


Ok, so this is the difference between you and me and why it's so hard to find common ground.

To me there's already ample evidence that Trump is a liar, a crook and a fraud, and I don't need to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. You still have some doubts.

BTW my impression of Trump as a fraud and petty criminal was from waaaaay before he ever announced that he was running for office.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:
All that said. Would you have any concerns sending your child out to a crowded public place (probably in the tristate area) in a MAGA hat?


Most definitely!
I stirred from the OP thank you for refocusing me - that’s exactly my point.

Its come to a place where common decency and goodness is no longer a unifying humane thread.
Its a sad sad state...

And as someone who moved to the United States decades ago and have watched the political changes and evolving culture- it is startling....
Back to top

sushilover









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:56 pm
Maya wrote:
Winner of the most ridiculous post on this thread.

No one, on either side, had condoned violence in any form, and especially not on a child. If you really believe that liberals would attack a child over a hat, I’m sorry to say you are seriously deluded.


Liberals have attacked people over a hat. Do you remember the story of the 16year old getting a drink thrown on him and his hat stolen last week? Well CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill responded by saying that although he doesn't condone the attack, he can't feel sorry for the kid because a MAGA hat is basically a swastika. Then he posted 3 laughing emojis.

I don't think the average Hillary voter would attack a kid wearing a MAGA hat, but it's not a delusion to be worried for your child going out in public wearing that.
Back to top

Maya









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
Wasn't there a story recently where a 16 year old teenager was verbally attacked for his hat:
https://news4sanantonio.com/ne.....-again-hat

I'm the OP of this thread - that is actually what made me think it would not be a good idea. My daughter just thought it was a great red hat the size of her head.
Based on the amount of hatred in this thread I see it would be a really bad idea.

So one story means that “liberals are aggressive.” Yes that makes total sense. Should I conclude from the countless stories about violent neo Nazis and other conservative demonstrators that all conservatives are now violent? The fringe on both sides that condones violence is so tiny that’s it’s laughable to take any examples from them.

And as someone who strongly opposes Trump, I can’t imagine that a MAGA hat on a child would conjure up any emotion besides an amused thought at the inappropriateness of a political slogan on a child, and certainly not stir up violent tendencies.
Back to top

Fox









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
For those conservatives who got offended by this, such statements are made to liberals. All the time. On this site. And everywhere else.

Basically the Trump camp is divided into two groups. Those who do exactly the same things they accuse the liberals of doing; and Fox, whose methods of debating is limited to name-dropping obscure references to one time incidents and pretending they are rampant and mainstream. Sure, they make her seem smart, but they are also misleading and disingenuous.

Yes, but keep in mind, Lilac, she made this statement to a non-white Trump supporter who objected to being called a white nationalist. I didn't find it offensive; I just found it racially tone-deaf and one more instance of someone pleased with her own "wokeness" while simultaneously harboring some very racist ideas. Rather like Amber Heard, whom we now agree is not an "influencer" but whose racist, classist tweet certainly got a lot of publicity.

As for "name-dropping obscure references to one-time incidents . . . " What an odd way of complimenting me for doing my research rather than just spewing my emotions. But thanks!
Back to top

sushilover









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:01 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Ok, so this is the difference between you and me and why it's so hard to find common ground.

To me there's already ample evidence that Trump is a liar, a crook and a fraud, and I don't need to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. You still have some doubts.

BTW my impression of Trump as a fraud and petty criminal was from waaaaay before he ever announced that he was running for office.


What would it take to convince you that Trump didn't collude? Is it a deeply held belief that will not be swayed even if Mueller comes up with no credible evidence?

Regardless, I'd like to repeat that if more people had your view, it would be easier to have a conversation. You think Trump is a crook and a danger. Fair enough. I don't see the evidence.
We can agree to disagree without thinking that the other side are monsters.


Last edited by sushilover on Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Maya









  


Post  Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:01 pm
sushilover wrote:


I don't think the average Hillary voter would attack a kid wearing a MAGA hat, but it's not a delusion to be worried for your child going out in public wearing that.

I disagree. I see people wearing the hat all the time and no gives a d*mn.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 6 of 8 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic       Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Calming My Child's Fear of War 10 Thu, Apr 12 2018, 1:59 pm View last post
why the fear of vaccinating at 16 if the child is healthy? 74 Sun, Nov 02 2014, 4:37 am View last post
Hat Store in Baltimore besides Hat Box?
by amother
4 Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:39 pm View last post
Hat for man in the yellow hat
by amother
0 Thu, Jan 28 2016, 2:27 pm View last post
What I Learned from the Locked MAGA Thread 7 Thu, Jul 12 2018, 8:42 am View last post

Jump to:  







Report offensive ad