Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How much weight did you gain?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:44 am
since u got married? I gained 24 pounds and I feel so self conscious about it. and so does my husband. I'm trying...

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:51 am
I'm the same. So is my husband.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:08 am
amother wrote:
[marq=right]

So what do u do? How do u answer ur husband and are u on a diet? whenever my husband mentions it I get so insulted.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
[marq=right]

So what do u do? How do u answer ur husband and are u on a diet? whenever my husband mentions it I get so insulted.

I know a thing or two about nutrition - and how my body seems to deal with things. I guess I'm particular about what I eat.

My husband isn't a snacker. He eats meals - and he's done.

About you: If you are happy with your weight - tell your husband to kindly keep his comments to himself. If you are not happy with your weight - tell your husband to kindly keep his comments to himself - and let him know you are working on it. Make an appointment with a dietitian/nutritionist to get some ideas.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:18 am
The most I weighed since I got pregnant and was not pre or post - partum was a 20 pound increase about a decade after my wedding.

In the few months immediately following my wedding, I gained about 5 pounds. Then got pregnant and BH lost it all in the months following.

Now I'm after several more children K'ah and several more years, and just lost 10-15 pounds. I am now 5 pounds more than the weight I was at my wedding.

ETA: My Dh also gained about 20 pounds in all these years. He's trying to lose it now (after seeing my efforts being successful lol). He lost about 3-4 pounds.

Shoshana37

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:18 am
I have gained 49 😱pounds in 17 years have been working on it for the last 10 years and had more kids 😂
Oh well I’m trying

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:21 am
amother wrote:

How many years are you married? My husband is the same after 18 years of marriage. I am not. I gained 50 pounds during this time. I am 30 pounds overweight.

Genetics definitely play a role. As does the fact that I have six children b"h, in addition to the fact that I've experienced the ups and downs of four miscarriages. Pregnancies definitely take a toll on your body and it's very difficult to maintain your original weight with all of the hormonal changes.

WastingTime

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:21 am
I got married 15 yrs ago. Lost 20 lbs then had 5 kids, gained 30ish since.
Then I learned abt intuitive eating, stopped caring and changed my life

onlyone

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:26 am
I've gained 50 IBS since I got married, that was almost 14 years ago.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:27 am
amother wrote:
The most I weighed since I got pregnant and was not pre or post - partum was a 20 pound increase about a decade after my wedding.

In the few months immediately following my wedding, I gained about 5 pounds. Then got pregnant and BH lost it all in the months following.

Now I'm after several more children K'ah and several more years, and just lost 10-15 pounds. I am now 5 pounds more than the weight I was at my wedding.

ETA: My Dh also gained about 20 pounds in all these years. He's trying to lose it now (after seeing my efforts being successful lol). He lost about 3-4 pounds.

Can you tell me how u lost it?? ur amazing!

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:32 am
OP here. I forgot to say that I am married for a little over 3 years and have 2 kids. What's gonna be after a few more kids??? I am on bc now so that's always the excuse but idk if that's the real reason..

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:35 am
I was at my lowest weight ever a few months after the wedding. Now about 5-10lb over my "normal" weight, but then again I've been pregnant and/or nursing for the past decade.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:38 am
I gained 40 pounds, but I started very tiny so my biggest was a size 8. Bh I recently lost 20 pounds. I’m still trying to lose 12 more. It’s been hard, but very worth it.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:38 am
Shoshana37 wrote:
I have gained 49 😱pounds in 17 years have been working on it for the last 10 years and had more kids 😂
Oh well I’m trying

Same here. Married 18 yrs and gained about 50 lbs, have been exercising on and off and watching my food for about 12 yrs. I almost reached my weight as a kallah and then gave up , gained it all back and plus. Now I'm postpartum but determined to try again.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:42 am
It all depends what you started out as. I gained about 5 lbs per kid.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:52 am
amother wrote:
How many years are you married? My husband is the same after 18 years of marriage. I am not. I gained 50 pounds during this time. I am 30 pounds overweight.

Genetics definitely play a role. As does the fact that I have six children b"h, in addition to the fact that I've experienced the ups and downs of four miscarriages. Pregnancies definitely take a toll on your body and it's very difficult to maintain your original weight with all of the hormonal changes.

I am married 11 years.

I answered a question on imamother - I'm not bragging.

In the 11 years my weight has gone up and down. I prefer to be the weight that I am today - so I make the effort (which for me means knowing that if I eat X amount of Y I'm likely going to gain).

Maybe in 10 years (or 2 years) I'll gain weight and I won't be able to loss it. I'd find that very frustrating.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
Can you tell me how u lost it?? ur amazing!

I'm not gonna lie: HARD WORK! Daily exercise, sometimes twice a day depending on what kind of exercise. Self control in eating - so so so hard. (Whatever eating plan you have, it will require self control.) That's what it takes.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:06 am
So impressed with y'all!

I've gained 70 lbs over ten years. I lost 25 lbs recently by cutting sugar and generally eating more healthy. I'm now 45 lbs more than when we married. I've always been overweight, so it's not like I'm going to mourn what I never had.

My husband has never mentioned my weight. He's gained some weight but not nearly as much as me (he's also never been pregnant, so I'm calling it even).

wifenmother

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:10 am
amother wrote:
My husband has never mentioned my weight. He's gained some weight but not nearly as much as me (he's also never been pregnant, so I'm calling it even).

Can't like the bolded enough!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 11:23 am
I've been married for 21 years KA"H and my goal weight for now is to get back down to what I weighed at my first prenatal visit with my oldest (which was higher than what I was when I got married 6 months beforehand, but I'll be happy if I get to this milestone and can then decide if I want to continue losing). I lost all the extra weight 10 years ago, but then completely relapsed when I got pregnant with #5, to the point where I was 40 lb. over my goal. As of this morning, I lost 24.4 lb. (SLOWLY - it took over a year!). I keep track of my calorie intake daily through an app and am careful about noshing, but otherwise I eat normally and don't starve myself. I find that this is the only weight loss program that works for me in the long term.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise