Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How much weight did you gain?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
since u got married? I gained 24 pounds and I feel so self conscious about it. and so does my husband. I'm trying...

I am married close to 30 years. I weigh the same as when I got married. But that is with a lot of effort, eating very healthy and exercise.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 2:54 pm
I’m 5’9” and weighed 120 at my wedding. Settled at a normal weight for me of around 135-140 lbs after the wedding and when having kids. Since my last child 4 years ago I’ve gained steadily and am around 200lbs. I hate it. But I’m having a hard time eating well and exercising.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 3:14 pm
Got married at 140. Was up to 160 🙀 at one point. Married 11 years and I’m 143.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 3:22 pm
I think I got married at 137pds but quickly put on the freshman 15. Before I had kids I settled around 150. I am now 160 after 3 kids and 10 years of marriage. Having hard time finding motivation to lose the extra 10pds of being considered "overweight." I'm 5'5.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 3:43 pm
Married 15 years. 6 kids and two miscarriages. Gained 15 pounds. I was 125 (5'8) when we got married and 140 today. One pound per year lol..My husband stayed the same. I would love to lose 5-10 pounds.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 4:15 pm
I’m surprised so many people gained so much weight! What does it have to do with how many kids you have? I have 3 and my weight stayed the same.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 4:31 pm
I am married 6 yrs and Gained around three lbs but I went from an 8-10 to now I buy things in the 12-14 range and take in the skirts/dresses everywhere but the waist because of my three kids later flabby stomach

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 5:10 pm
I’m 5’ 8” I got married at 190. 2 kids & 7 years later I was 240!!!! That was a year & half ago. Now I’m 180 & still losing Bh.
So now I’m married 8 years & I’m 10 lbs less then when I got married. My goal is 160 at my height I would no longer be considered overweight.
Op I’m sorry your husband is pressuring you.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
I’m 5’ 8” I got married at 190. 2 kids & 7 years later I was 240!!!! That was a year & half ago. Now I’m 180 & still losing Bh.
So now I’m married 8 years & I’m 10 lbs less then when I got married. My goal is 160 at my height I would no longer be considered overweight.
Op I’m sorry your husband is pressuring you.

Finally someone more like me. I got married at 180 and 3 &1/2 years later with 2 kids and I’m 225lbs!! Now after my second baby I am working hard to set a weight lose diet for myself. I hope to be like you and lose it all...
my dh will never mention anything although I know it definitely bothers him!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 9:18 pm
I’m married more than 30 years. After 7 kids, I was only 15 lbs more than my single girl weight. I was too thin back then honestly, before marriage. Once I hit my late 40’s I gained 70 lbs. this was horrible and shocking for me. I’ve lost 40 in the last year. My goal is to lose 10 more. I don’t need to ever be skinny again— just healthy.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
I’m surprised so many people gained so much weight! What does it have to do with how many kids you have? I have 3 and my weight stayed the same.

Wow be thankful that your body is able to return to its previous size/weight. Many women have a hard time losing weight they gained from pregnancies.
I’m 5’5”, got married at 150. Pregnant with #3 now but before I had gained about 20lbs. My goal after pregnancy is to get back down to 160 or less.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 3:16 am
Married 7 years, currently expecting my 4th B"H, but before this pregnancy I was exactly 40 lbs more than my wedding.

Glad to see I'm not alone with the weight gain. So many of my friends after having 2-3 kids look the same or even better than they did before having kids Smile

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 5:31 am
amother wrote:
Married 7 years, currently expecting my 4th B"H, but before this pregnancy I was exactly 40 lbs more than my wedding.

Glad to see I'm not alone with the weight gain. So many of my friends after having 2-3 kids look the same or even better than they did before having kids Smile

Sorry to disappoint those who are banking on it, after my first four I went back to what I was but after that, I steadily put on with each year I nursed. Please note not pregnancy but nursing. I have heard this from a lot of my friends. After a certain number of kids, your body does not bounce back so quickly.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:08 am
Married 30 years. After every pregnancy I slowly reverted to my original weight more or less. Then came the last baby, 40th birthday & metabolism tooka nose dive.
I’m overweight, I’m happy . I need to dress more carefully to look good .
My husband thinks I look the same or better than I did 30 years ago.
I never discuss my weight gain with him & never ever complain about my looks. In fact quite the opposite.
That is what I teach my daughters (and DIL’s).
Love is blind.

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:13 am
I gained 60 lbs over the course of my first marriage, and if you count the times I lost and regained, it's much more than that!

Second marriage has been quite the opposite in many ways 😁😁

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:16 am
In general I think most people overeat when they are pregnant which is why there’s a significant weight gain.

Before I got married I had gained a lot of weight... ate lots of fast food and didn’t make the right food choices. I worked very hard to loose since gaining weight as a single girl is the worst time and eventually lost over 25 lbs (which is what I had gained). Then I got married (looked good bH) and became pregnant. The worst advice I ever got from a friend... she told me “take advantage now that you’re pregnant and eat anything you want!” Well, I did that and was so overweight after giving birth..., I put on an extra 30 lbs!!!! I lost most of it with very hard work before I got pregnant again.,. Now almost 14 years after getting married I am 13 pounds more than when I got married. I would really be a lot more since I seem to enjoy food more than normal but I am constantly watching myself. At this point I am 6 lbs overweight and trying to loose it but it’s very, very hard.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:39 am
Gained about 80 pounds in 17 years of marriage due mostly to overeating, especially in the beginning as I was learning to cook and "playing house".
In recent years a metabolic disorder has made my weight loss attempts so, so hard. I have five children B"H and didn't gain much during pregnancy but I gained alot nursing as I ate like a horse.
My husband has never said anything, but I know he would be happier if I would dress better and have more self esteem.
But my oh-so-proper mother-in-law has what to say....😡 Twisted Evil

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 7:56 am
amother wrote:
Gained about 80 pounds in 17 years of marriage due mostly to overeating, especially in the beginning as I was learning to cook and "playing house".
In recent years a metabolic disorder has made my weight loss attempts so, so hard. I have five children B"H and didn't gain much during pregnancy but I gained alot nursing as I ate like a horse.
My husband has never said anything, but I know he would be happier if I would dress better and have more self esteem.
But my oh-so-proper mother-in-law has what to say....😡 Twisted Evil

Im similar bc I also have a metabolic disorder. I was always thin but after many prenancies, my stomach is messed up and wont get flat which due to my being short , makes me look bigger. I work hard doing exercise and controlling calories. But, im not losing like I should. Its depressing for me. I think bc is making it harder to lose the extra pounds.

To those who say pregnancy doesnt make u gain weight, well for me it did bc after birth, I looked huge. It didnt just disappear. The hardest thing for me was being bigger while pregnant and trying to lose. I was always thin before pregnancies so I never had to worry about losing; I had always been into exercise and eating carefully. It was easier to maintain my thin size before pregnancies than to lose weight after many pregnancies.

Also, after my first pregnancy, it was easy to lose all the weight. Now, after more pregnancies, it is frustrating.

Personally, I believe that no dh has a right to complain about the wifes weight gain if it is in the 40 lb range bc we, the women had to carry their babies during pregnancies which caused many of us to have weight gain. The men were able to maintain their weights. Its harder to lose weight after gaining than maintain it when still thin.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 8:13 am
My friend just had her 8th kid and her stomach is flatter than when she was single.
Yes we all know women who say "having babies is no excuse" but I have to live in my body, not my friend's. We all have different bodies and different nisyonos. I CAN'T STAND when my mother-in-law makes sure to tell me about my various sisters-in-law and about how they lost weight and look so good (hint, hint) Not listening Not worthy Chatterbox At wits end Banging head

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 11 2018, 10:43 am
Don't you think that the replies here will be skewed towards those who are not obese? Anyone who gained 60+ lbs over marriage may not want to advertise! Rolling Eyes

But FWIW, I got married at 5'2" and about 110 lbs, never had trouble with weight before marriage, and BH was able to lose most of the weight between kids thanks to nursing and eating whole grains religiously during pregnancy. After 4 kids and at age 35 I was maybe 130. Which is an OK weight but still looked 5 months pregnant due to diastis recti Sad
After that my weight started creeping up until at age 40 it was close to 150.
I started a gluten-free diet and restricted calories after Pesach and have lost 10 lbs BH.
I hope to maintain a healthy weight at about 135. And I have given up on wearing dresses, they just don't work with my postpartum tummy!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise