Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much do I charge?
Previous  1  2

shyshira

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
Hi. I never did this before, so want to know how much to charge. Someone in my neighborhood (never met them before) wants me to take her toddler off the bus every day and watch her for 2 hours, until she gets home from work,. How much do I charge?

Given that you aren't actually in the business of doing this - of course you don't have an idea what to charge.

The response to this neighbor should be - I'd consider it. How much are you offering to pay me? From then - determine if the hassle that this will be for you is sufficiently offset by the dollar amount offered.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:
Given that you aren't actually in the business of doing this - of course you don't have an idea what to charge.

The response to this neighbor should be - I'd consider it. How much are you offering to pay me? From then - determine if the hassle that this will be for you is sufficiently offset by the dollar amount offered.

Off topic, just curious. This is such a smart answer. What are you ashamed of? Why are you anon? I actually think you have the best answer so far.

shyshira

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:31 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Off topic, just curious. This is such a smart answer. What are you ashamed of? Why are you anon? I actually think you have the best answer so far.

Fixing. Bad Habit.

perquacky

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:39 pm
My soon-to-be 17-year-old son does this for a family with two girls whose parents leave very early in the morning. He's there at 6:00 and gets them on the camp bus, then he goes back in the afternoon to get them off the bus and watch them until their parents get home. Gives them breakfast and dinner. They pay him $15/hr. This is NY.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:34 pm
Reminds me when I lived in Israel and an Israeli lady knocked on my door by mistake, she couldn't find the babysitter's apartment and she had her son with her. She asked if I could babysit him a few days a week. I was shocked, she didn't even know who I was. I had a kid around the same age so I guess she assumed I was capable (which bH I was..
). Sorry I don't have an answer, I'm just surprised someone would ask a stranger to do this.

creditcards

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:52 pm
Not less than $10 an hour.

potatoes

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 5:10 pm
creditcards wrote:
Not less than $10 an hour.

Not less than $15 An hr

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 5:26 pm
Honestly, it depends on a few things-

How much attention the kid needs
Are you doing for the money or more for chessed
How well off is that family- if she is working to make ends meet and can’t afford to cut hours to meet her kids needs...
How inconvenient is it for you

I know it’s a weird response but I don’t think there is one set answer since It’s more of a personal decision

To the amother that said her son went to someones house- your son went to someones house. It’s a tad different.

I think $10 an hour makes sense- if you agree to that amount....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics