Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Therapy in Lakewood

mom of three bh

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:23 am
My daughter is turning two and does not walk! She did walk a few steps here and there but she is still on her knees all the time. How do I get therapy for her? Is there a Jewish agency in Lakewood or do I call early intervention? I just moved to lakewood and I am clueless

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:27 am
Call Early Intervention and leave a message. They will call back within 3 days to schedule evaluations. 888-653-4463

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 8:28 am
What pediatrician do you use? Some can guide you to request the better agencies after EI accepts your daughter. It can make a huge difference, and switching agencies later is extremely difficult. We did succeed in getting switched but only because it was clear how badly my severely disabled child's case was handled by an incompetent agency. There was a lot of drama and a lot of political help, but the switch BH made a HUGE difference. However this was after an entire wasted year with one therapist who was very sweet but had no goal of actually making progress.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:58 am
EI helped my son a ton. Definitely reach out to them ASAP as once your child turns 3 you can’t use them anymore.
I always did at home so I could keep a close eye on progress or lack thereof as opposed to some who do it at playgroup....

mom of three bh

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:20 pm
Thank you all for info. Do I go first to early intervention or first to agency? In Brooklyn I went through a Jewish agency and they helped me apply get approved....

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:32 pm
You need to be approved by EI and they assigne you to an agency. However you can tell EI which you prefer, and if that agency can take you you'll be set up with them. So it's important to know which you want and to reach out to that agency to make sure they'll 'pick you up' once you're assigned.

mom of three bh

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:35 pm
Thank you! Anybody can recommend a good agency?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 3:43 pm
BATA!!!!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:53 pm
If SCHI still have has early intervention that would probably be a good option also, though my only experience is with their in-school therapy. Some of those therapists are, with H-shem's help, miracle workers. The only one of the Early Intervention agencies that we dealt with that was completely progress-oriented, regardless of the level of physical disability, and very successful with our child, is BATA.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:08 pm
I had a very positive experience with Childrens Specialized. My daughter had a fantastic PT from them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics