Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Know of any clever women who make money with no degrees?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:42 pm
Im looking for stories of clever women with no degrees, who make money, comparable to or more than women who have degrees.

Im looking of stories involving preferably frum women, or not frum women who made money with no degree, with ideas/businesses that could work for frum women as well.

From beginning to present, how did the women work themselves up to success with:

no degree and

little or no family money or

not winning the lottery?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 12:57 pm
I have a three 3 arts degree and make a very good salary - in a financial field. There is no story. I was lucky and I have the seichel do to what I do. I don't have a business - I'm an employee.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:00 pm
I am a weight loss coach with no formal training. I love nutrition, love working with ppl. It started slowly but really took off once ppl starting losing weight and feeling good about themselves. I don’t advertise, weight loss results speak for themselves and my business is all word of mouth. I have almost no overhead, and have a pretty full schedule. I love what I do.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:02 pm
I have no degrees and have a home based business where I work very part time and make more than I would make in almost any full time position. It is something that really needs training, but I taught myself on the job. However, I also got lucky as it something I got into just as a need for it was developing and I pretty much cornered the market locally before anyone else tried to do it here (no one succeeded).

bigsis144

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:25 pm
Chelsea on the YouTube channel The Financial Diet frequently talks about not needing a degree and how she didn’t even finish a bachelors.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
Im looking for stories of clever women with no degrees, who make money, comparable to or more than women who have degrees.

Im looking of stories involving preferably frum women, or not frum women who made money with no degree, with ideas/businesses that could work for frum women as well.

From beginning to present, how did the women work themselves up to success with:

no degree and

little or no family money or

not winning the lottery?

Curious what you plan on doing with the stories?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:40 pm
I started out doing accounts payable for a company. Fast forward 14 years later, still with the same company and grew to be doing prep for complicated audits and real estate deals. Learned on the job. Make more than some workmates who have degrees in business.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
Curious what you plan on doing with the stories?

OP here. Perhaps something will go off in my head and I'll think of something I can do.

fbc

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:45 pm
Well then I'm following this thread!! I also need ideas...

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:48 pm
I do have a Liberal Arts degree (and it only took 4 decades to get!) but it's not related to my business.

Hashem has blessed me with unique skills. Over the last 15 years I have grown my passion for space planning into a real business doing residential and kitchen design. This requires not only aptitude for thinking in 3 dimensions but also command of 3D CAD modeling; a specialized knowledge base in ergonomics, spatial relationships, construction, and many commercial products; and the ability to translate clients' needs into workable plans and layouts. I am self-taught.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:49 pm
I do not have a degree and earn about 120k.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:
I do not have a degree and earn about 120k.

Care to share doing what?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 1:59 pm
I know ppl who do mortgages and real estate and make between 500k to a million a year.no real degree just license.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:01 pm
Very often people who have their own businesses become very wealthy.

I have a friend who made her own brand of Shaitels

I know someone who has a website selling products online

A friend who opened her own day care center

Friend sells silver

Dh knows someone who owns a car leasing company

Friend of dh sells to Walmart, dollar stores - I think he buys things from china and has a large warehouse

How about all the people doing well in real estate? No degree- just a short course ....

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
Very often people who have their own businesses become very wealthy.

I have a friend who made her own brand of Shaitels

I know someone who has a website selling products online

A friend who opened her own day care center

Friend sells silver

Dh knows someone who owns a car leasing company

Friend of dh sells to Walmart, dollar stores - I think he buys things from china and has a large warehouse

How about all the people doing well in real estate? No degree- just a short course ....

And very often ppl try to have their own business and lose their pants and then some... it’s mazel. I know many ppl who had failed businesses.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:31 pm
No degree and make 175k annually.

There are no secrets. It's hard work from the bottom up.
None of us started at these numbers. You start at the bottom and prove your worth and be assertive about it.

Start somewhere and do it well.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:37 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Perhaps something will go off in my head and I'll think of something I can do.

If you are clever - you'll be an asset to any employer who hires you. Think of an industry you are interested in. Get an entry level job - and impress as many people in the company that you can.

The 'real' money is to be made by people who are business owners or commission earners.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
And very often ppl try to have their own business and lose their pants and then some... it’s mazel. I know many ppl who had failed businesses.

Its hard work, skill and mazel.

You need all of those to succeed - you only need to be missing one to fail.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 2:57 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I have no degrees and have a home based business where I work very part time and make more than I would make in almost any full time position. It is something that really needs training, but I taught myself on the job. However, I also got lucky as it something I got into just as a need for it was developing and I pretty much cornered the market locally before anyone else tried to do it here (no one succeeded).

So curious about what you do!

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 3:03 pm
The common denominator of most of the success stories of those who had no education and no support is their go getter personality, ambition, and very hard work. There is no magic path to make it easy, and if you don’t have that kind of personality, you’re not likely to succeed really big.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics