Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Know of any clever women who make money with no degrees?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 3:03 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
So curious about what you do!

I suppose it is technically Desktop Publishing, but not dealing with graphics as I am not an artist. I do typesetting and page layout. I do the layout for most of the commemorative journals put out by local mosdos for their banquets as well as the local community directory and community calendar. I also do the layout for a local monthly magazine. I work from home and am totally self taught.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:03 pm
OP I don't like talking about what I do, but I will make an exception in the hope that it helps you make a decision or gives you hope that yes you can earn a beautiful income without a degree.
I have no degree (the school I went to, and the community I was raised in is very against it) and bh run my own online business with more than 10 employees.

I know lots of very frum young men who can barely speak the language who are millionaires. Their general studies education can barely considered an education, never mind a degree.
You don't need a degree, and you dont even need to be clever (though it does help)
You need to be hard working, driven, and confident.
On top of everything you need a huge dose of mazel and siyata dishmaya. But anybody can do it!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:05 pm
Back in the day.... I made more than someone with a degree would make.

Last edited by flowerpower on Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
OP I don't like talking about what I do, but I will make an exception in the hope that it helps you make a decision or gives you hope that yes you can earn a beautiful income without a degree.
I have no degree (the school I went to, and the community I was raised in is very against it) and bh run my own online business with more than 10 employees.

I know lots of very frum young men who can barely speak the language who are millionaires. Their general studies education can barely considered an education, never mind a degree.
You don't need a degree, and you dont even need to be clever (though it does help)
You need to be hard working, driven, and confident. Then you need a huge dose of mazel and siyata dishmaya. But anybody can do it!

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:25 pm
What kind of salary qualifies us to post on this thread?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:37 pm
amother wrote:
No degree and make 175k annually.

There are no secrets. It's hard work from the bottom up.
None of us started at these numbers. You start at the bottom and prove your worth and be assertive about it.

Start somewhere and do it well.

What kind of work do you do?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:

You need to be hard working, driven, and confident. Then you need a huge dose of mazel and siyata dishmaya. But anybody can do it!

Money comes from hashem.
You do your hishtadlis and it has nothing to do with what you earn.

rainbow

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
I know ppl who do mortgages and real estate and make between 500k to a million a year.no real degree just license.

Where's the WOW! Jaws Dropping! button?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 5:26 pm
I do not have a college degree. I wouldn't say I'm making tons, but it's decent. I work in the back office of a mtg company. Making around 130k annually.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of work do you do?

Management and Operations for a large business.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:
I do not have a college degree. I wouldn't say I'm making tons, but it's decent. I work in the back office of a mtg company. Making around 130k annually.

That IS tons!!! I’m making less than 30k.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
That IS tons!!! I’m making less than 30k.

It took a long time to work my way up to this. I started 12 years ago at 15 an hour.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
It took a long time to work my way up to this. I started 12 years ago at 15 an hour.

What is an mtg company?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
What is an mtg company?

Mortgage

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 8:03 pm
Stormy Daniels .... 130K for what ???

simba

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 8:20 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Stormy Daniels .... 130K for what ???

I don't believe OP is considering that profession shock

kneidel

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 9:36 pm
I think it goes the other way 'round: the brains follows the money. 'Der vos hot der meiah hot der deiah'. Smile

... obviously, there's no connection. Money is given from Above. 'Lo el he'chacham lechem'. Doesn't absolve us from work though (isn't that a shame!) But it does help us to put work in perspective and make appropriate decisions.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Im looking for stories of clever women with no degrees, who make money, comparable to or more than women who have degrees.

What is comparable to or more than? People with degrees make a wide range of money. Without numbers from you, or some of the posters here, the claim is kind of meaningless.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:51 pm
[quote="amother"]Mortgage[/quote

What do u do? Processing? Just curious cuz I work in a mortgage company to.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:38 pm
Okay, I'll bite:

I have a BA in Humanities (which I paid for with my babysitting money and got when I was 19 since my family is too yeshivish to believe in the usefulness of a college degree); however, it never did a thing for me. I'm still glad I have it, in case I ever decide to go back to school.

I'd classify myself as clever, and I do make money as a photographer; yet not quite 6 figures in profit. (Gross is close, but there are a lot of expenses in my business.)

My pricing is considered average/high; you can see it at Chaya Braun Photography catalog

And here I am, wanting some niceties in life that I can't justify purchasing, and wondering: Should I raise my pricing? Or should I pursue another endeavor?

Those of you who earn six figures in your own business, would you please PM me, and I'll give you a discounted photo shoot or pay you to chat for an hour? I always want to learn about new options!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics