Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where do Ima's disappear to so suddenly?
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 11  12  13  Next

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:04 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
There's a MO forum?

Yep, it's pretty dead.

etky

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:08 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
So are the yeshivish and charedi forums, for reference.

Really? shock
What's up with that? Scratching Head

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:13 pm
etky wrote:
Really? shock

People prefer to communicate on the main board. The Charedi forum is completely dead. Yeshivish forum maybe a thread twice a month or so.

Don't know about the Chassidish ones.

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:13 pm
etky wrote:
Really? shock

The yeshivish forum was never very active in the first place, but the chareidi forum used to be full of [two specific posters] until they left.

[names removed by mod. Private forums on this site are private.]

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:54 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Freidasima and Magenta Yenta (and any other famous trolls) were in one class. But there were other posters who yes, were disruptive, but were genuine and seeking and I wish them well. (And if you're reading this, feel free to PM me.)

I was genuinely shocked by the whole Magenta Yenta debacle. Not only because I didn't think I was so easy to fool, but also because I can't imagine anyone putting that much effort into being a troll.

But I will confess -- I miss her. Or I guess I miss the person she pretended to be.

keym

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I was genuinely shocked by the whole Magenta Yenta debacle. Not only because I didn't think I was so easy to fool, but also because I can't imagine anyone putting that much effort into being a troll.

But I will confess -- I miss her. Or I guess I miss the person she pretended to be.

Agreed. Every now and then there will be some intense conversation, and I would wonder what MY would say.

Like in the current thread "where you come from" I kind of am waiting for her to pop in that she's not from the "jewniverse".

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:29 pm
etky wrote:
In general I feel that the MO presence here has been much less pronounced recently.
The MO forum is practically moribund.

I don't know.. I think when Barbara left, most of the MO fire just dissipated..

She was the only one knowledgeable and passionate enough to go punch for punch with Charedi extremists...

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:33 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I don't know.. I think when Barbara left, most of the MO fire just dissipated..

She was the only one knowledgeable and passionate enough to go punch for punch with Charedi extremists...

Can you edit your post to just say "chareidim"? No need to call anyone an extremist.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:35 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
Can you edit your post to just say "chareidim"? No need to call anyone an extremist.

You're a pretty good mod!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:40 pm
InnerMe wrote:
You're a pretty good mod!

FTR I wasn't expressing my personal opinion .. Barbara used to call both sides of the fence extremist....

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 4:39 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
FTR I wasn't expressing my personal opinion .. Barbara used to call both sides of the fence extremist....

I don't know what happened with Barbara, I was in a break and missed it, but we'd had a private quarrel before I took time off and never had time to apologize. I hope she is well.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:52 pm
I was a long time poster for several years, and then I dropped out. Things just became too boring here at some point. I did want the intense hashkafic debates, and when they were stopped I just got bored.
I am in Israel, so as others have said, the rest of what imamother has to offer doesn't really speak to me.
I also felt I shared too much personal information. I felt too exposed at one point. I changed my username and I come back once a month or so, just to see if there are any interesting threads.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:21 pm
keym wrote:
Agreed. Every now and then there will be some intense conversation, and I would wonder what MY would say.

Like in the current thread "where you come from" I kind of am waiting for her to pop in that she's not from the "jewniverse".

Am I the only one who wasn’t shocked?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who wasn’t shocked?

At the time, lots of people said they suspected, IIRC. I just wish one of them had clued me in.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
At the time, lots of people said they suspected, IIRC. I just wish one of them had clued me in.

I just didn’t feel like her “big reveal” was much different than what she even claimed to be before then.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
I just didn’t feel like her “big reveal” was much different than what she even claimed to be before then.

Is there a link to this you can post, for those of us who had the misfortune to be on an imamother break when it happened?

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:42 pm
What does it say about me if I was present for and remember every poster and every scandal mentioned here on this thread? Smile

Sebastian

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:49 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....09293

chicco

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:01 pm
Maya wrote:
What does it say about me if I was present for and remember every poster and every scandal mentioned here on this thread? Smile

I'd like to say it means that you're in good company. Or at the very least you are in the position to see how much this place has changed over the years.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:18 pm
Maya wrote:

Maybe it means, you and me both need to spend less time on the computer and more time in a pool or on a bicycle .... Very Happy Very Happy
Page 7 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics