Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where do Ima's disappear to so suddenly?
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10 11  12  13  Next

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
It's not that you haven't been missed. There are just so many ima's with many thousands of posts in their history its impossible to list them all. It would be so cool if one or two of those ima's popped in to say hello here after being mia for awhile.....

Agreed. Many times I’ll think to myself “where is that poster”. I didn’t see her in a while. If your name wasn’t mentioned it doesn’t mean anything. We miss seeing you here! I promise!

SYA

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 8:52 pm
Haven’t seen seeker post in a while either. MamaBear and Bitachon too

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 9:07 pm
Seeker has been posting

pause

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 9:41 pm
SYA wrote:
Haven’t seen seeker post in a while either. MamaBear and Bitachon too

Yeah I love Bitachon's sense of humor!

pause

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 9:48 pm
In addition to many others mentioned, I miss MaBelleVie very much.

I haven't seen Gold21 for a bit.

Sherri
gp2.0
Tablepoetry
kitov
busydev

etky

Post Sun, Jul 22 2018, 11:14 pm
pause wrote:
In addition to many others mentioned, I miss MaBelleVie very much.

I haven't seen Gold21 for a bit.

Sherri
gp2.0
Tablepoetry
kitov
busydev

I've noticed Gold21 and MaBelleVie's absence too.
Also Inspired and HindaRochel.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 2:37 am
I'm fb friends with a lot of the mia posters. Most people are alive and well hopefully. There was once a woman who posted about a scary pregnancy related health issue and then never posted again...that was sad.

Clarissa is extremely active on fb. Cassandra not so much but she seems fine. Chavamom is also active on her own page and I also see her commenting in groups.

Imamother was created pre facebook so I think for some people, fb (or instagram) fills the need imamother did.

Me, I always wonder what happened to Crayon210. She was an extremely active lubavitch poster. And then she just disappeared.

Some people stop being frum and that is the reason they disappear. Sad

Snickers18

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 5:42 pm
There’s sarahd as well.....

gold21

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 6:38 pm
Hi, thanks for the shout-out!

An imamother poster that I know irl told me that I was mentioned in a thread here, so I came to take a look.

Im not exactly sure why I haven't been on Imamother so much. I think I had a very busy year... I've started using Facebook a little more... Um... Hmm. I haven't been feeling isolated and lacking for adult interaction like I do the years that I'm home with a baby. Also, just referencing the past few months, the weather is nice, so I'm outside a lot, not necessarily sitting inside online talking over the internet when I can chat in real life with my neighbors.

Yeah, so I guess that's what it is, that at some points in my life I really benefit from having Imamother as an outlet and at other points I have other outlets, it just depends what's going on in my life....

Just glancing through threads here, it may also be that I've sort of moved on from certain arguments and ideas, and I don't feel the need to discuss those things... The birth control thread for example. "Who doesn't take birth control".... I don't know, truth be told, mostly everyone I know uses birth control. Cuz at the end of the day, everything in life comes with a trade off. It's nearly impossible to make time for yourself, your marriage, back to back pregnancies and newborns, while giving full attention to the children. Something has to give, unless there's a lot of paid help....

So, ten years ago, I would have argued this point with passion and zeal, today I just feel confident with my point of view, I know where I stand hashkafically (it's where Torah and common sense meet) and I shrug, like OK, I've been there, seen that, and I know what's what, if something doesn't make sense it just doesn't, and I have no self-doubt about my decisions. Nothing to discuss or argue. So there ya go, the wisdom and confidence that come with age! Yay for being in my 30's! Wink Applause

So maybe that's partially why I'm not online here as much also....

Thanks so much for the shout-out!!!

Have a great evening. Tongue Out

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 6:43 am
gold21 wrote:
Hi, thanks for the shout-out!

An imamother poster that I know irl told me that I was mentioned in a thread here, so I came to take a look.

Im not exactly sure why I haven't been on Imamother so much. I think I had a very busy year... I've started using Facebook a little more... Um... Hmm. I haven't been feeling isolated and lacking for adult interaction like I do the years that I'm home with a baby. Also, just referencing the past few months, the weather is nice, so I'm outside a lot, not necessarily sitting inside online talking over the internet when I can chat in real life with my neighbors.

Yeah, so I guess that's what it is, that at some points in my life I really benefit from having Imamother as an outlet and at other points I have other outlets, it just depends what's going on in my life....

Just glancing through threads here, it may also be that I've sort of moved on from certain arguments and ideas, and I don't feel the need to discuss those things... The birth control thread for example. "Who doesn't take birth control".... I don't know, truth be told, mostly everyone I know uses birth control. Cuz at the end of the day, everything in life comes with a trade off. It's nearly impossible to make time for yourself, your marriage, back to back pregnancies and newborns, while giving full attention to the children. Something has to give, unless there's a lot of paid help....

So, ten years ago, I would have argued this point with passion and zeal, today I just feel confident with my point of view, I know where I stand hashkafically (it's where Torah and common sense meet) and I shrug, like OK, I've been there, seen that, and I know what's what, if something doesn't make sense it just doesn't, and I have no self-doubt about my decisions. Nothing to discuss or argue. So there ya go, the wisdom and confidence that come with age! Yay for being in my 30's! Wink Applause

So maybe that's partially why I'm not online here as much also....

Thanks so much for the shout-out!!!

Have a great evening. Tongue Out

So nice seeing you!! Smile

I also feel quite the same, although I hardly participated in heated debates in the past. I see no use in the whole idea of arguing on line with a bunch of strangers. I never understood that. But, hey, each to their own. It’s some people’s passion Tongue Out

I definitely relate with being more confident and wiser the older I get! It’s amazing!

When I read something that I don’t agree with,I just shrug my shoulders, like whatever Very Happy

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 7:04 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
. I see no use in the whole idea of arguing on line with a bunch of strangers.

Sometimes debating with someone helps you clarify and crystallize your own position. Of course you don’t need to debate with strangers—but all your friends may think (or avoid thinking) like you, have no opinions, or be unwilling to express the opinions that they have, especially if you live in a community that emphasizes conformity and discourages or penalizes diffetences of opinion.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 10:28 am
Quote:
Me, I always wonder what happened to Crayon210. She was an extremely active lubavitch poster. And then she just disappeared.

I used to be IRL neighbors with Crayon210. She had a specific difficulty in her life that I hope has been resolved. I still think of her sometimes and daven for her.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 10:37 am
Hey gold! I actually feel like I did see you recently on here..
Nice post.. interesting perspective.

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 11:28 am
zaq wrote:
Sometimes debating with someone helps you clarify and crystallize your own position. Of course you don’t need to debate with strangers—but all your friends may think (or avoid thinking) like you, have no opinions, or be unwilling to express the opinions that they have, especially if you live in a community that emphasizes conformity and discourages or penalizes diffetences of opinion.

You’re definitely making sense. I don’t like to get dragged in heated debates because it goes so far, that it takes over the entire me, not being able to sleep, thinking about it obsessively. In other words, it’s the internet addiction I’m trying to avoid.

But yeah, it definitely has benefits too. You have to find a common middle ground. For me, for sure!

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

I used to be IRL neighbors with Crayon210. She had a specific difficulty in her life that I hope has been resolved. I still think of her sometimes and daven for her.

Oh... Sad I guess we never know what's going on behind a screenname...

I've wondered about Motek, mostly because she was such a strong-minded and powerful member here way back when.

I have wondered about other posters as well. Some who were once so active here disappeared permanently.

I think I'm one of those posters that kind of come and go, sometimes more active than others, but I check in at least occasionally.

It's interesting, because the whole environment on Imamother shifts every so often, due to the turnover.

Anyway... Yeah, it's just interesting.

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 12:56 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
So nice seeing you!! Smile

I also feel quite the same, although I hardly participated in heated debates in the past. I see no use in the whole idea of arguing on line with a bunch of strangers. I never understood that. But, hey, each to their own. It’s some people’s passion Tongue Out

I definitely relate with being more confident and wiser the older I get! It’s amazing!

When I read something that I don’t agree with,I just shrug my shoulders, like whatever Very Happy

Hi, yup, thanks, Coffee Addict! Nice to see you too! Tongue Out Wave

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 2:21 pm
Hey, heard about the reunion so popped in to say "hi." What a blast from the past. It's Miriamf by the way. I am posting as amother as I changed my account name after I left, so it would just be confusing. Gold21 so nice to hear from you! I haven't been here in years. I left because there was so much ridiculous fighting and anti yeshivish type stuff going on. It also kind of gets old, and without Clarissa it was never the same.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
Hey, heard about the reunion so popped in to say "hi." What a blast from the past. It's Miriamf by the way. I am posting as amother as I changed my account name after I left, so it would just be confusing. Gold21 so nice to hear from you! I haven't been here in years. I left because there was so much ridiculous fighting and anti yeshivish type stuff going on. It also kind of gets old, and without Clarissa it was never the same.

Hello Wave
I've read some post of yours..
Am I allowed to ask what happened to Clarissa?

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 2:56 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Hello Wave
I've read some post of yours..
Am I allowed to ask what happened to Clarissa?

She still posts once in a while.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 24 2018, 3:09 pm
Please forgive me for not having read all 10 pages, but to the best of my recollection, I haven't seen marina.
Page 10 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics