Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where do Ima's disappear to so suddenly?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 5:01 am
I know several posters that left due to the increase in anti-Torah views being discussed and in some way condoned. I personally dislike how certain right-wing minhagim and/or chumras are mocked and ridiculed but I stay on for various forums that I find helpful.
The place isn't as tolerant as it used to be, or perhaps it never really was?

Despite it all, thank you Yael for creating this forum and maintaining it. Getting the balance right must be an almost impossible job.

Emotional

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 5:46 am
boymom wrote:
Hi. I logged in just to be able to answer. I used to be pretty active here but I found that when I got involved in a heated debate it took over my life and I kept on thinking about it way more than I wanted and I was sitting on here waaay to much.

so I keep on checking in to see whats happening but I dont want to become emotionally involved or waste too much time so I dont post at all.

I also wonder about some people- one poster I think her name was JCC UC or something like that. I can't remember exactly. she used to post a lot of sad posts. I havent seen her in a while so I hope she's ok. or maybe im just looking in the wrong forums?

JMM-uc or JustMeMyself

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 6:57 am
I know a lot of chareidi posters in real life who have been bullied or yelled at and lost their will to keep posting here. Anyone who does follow more right wing mimhagim is typically questioned sometimes not so politely .
I stay but stay away from hashkafa or controversial threads when I can control myself 😁 and go for the more pareve health, recipes, etc.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:24 am
Thanks saddle brown.

I think we can all safely assume that this is not true.

Would completely disregard.

'Nuff said.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:18 am
Don't be so sure, powderblue. There is at least one such forum I know of, started by and for former Imamother posters who were tired of the kefira on here, which is invitation-only.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:24 am
amother wrote:
Don't be so sure, powderblue. There is at least one such forum I know of, started by and for former Imamother posters who were tired of the kefira on here, which is invitation-only.
Scratching Head
Who gets the honor of getting an invitation?

Re title of this thread.. Yeh, I've also wondered.
Some posters that I wonder about: Sequioa, Marina (though she does come back every so often), mama bear, and chocolate moose.

Some of these weren't around in my time, but I've done some reading on old Ima threads..

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:25 am
Oh, and greenfire I was so happy you came back.. What's Imamother without your ice cream emojis and cool color coded graphics??

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:34 am
mauve how do you get invited Wink

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
mauve how do you get invited Wink

Don't worry, it's not half as exciting as here. Less politics, no racy threads.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:47 am
InnerMe wrote:
Oh, and greenfire I was so happy you came back.. What's Imamother without your ice cream emojis and cool color coded graphics??

embarrassed Mr. Green

simba

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
Don't worry, it's not half as exciting as here. Less politics, no racy threads.

Count me out! My grandma might be available if you're recruiting!

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:12 pm
simba wrote:
Count me out! My grandma might be available if you're recruiting!

Lol!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 4:49 pm
Hi, it's nice to be missed. I have been here on occasion. Most recently I have posted about my granddaughter who has brain cancer, Ayelet Hashachar bat Shoshana Bracha. Thank you for davening.

Truth be told, as Amother at the top of page 3 wrote, I absented myself largely because of "the increase in anti-Torah views being discussed and in some way condoned."

I think that maybe lately this has been less prevalent. If that's the case, I'm happy about it. It seems to go in waves.

Anyway, I'm here, if anyone wants to alert me to a specific thread I might want to read or comment on. I live in the same place and have the same stable life as before, B"H.

STMommy

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:31 pm
Thanks Isramom for the reply and the reminder about your granddaughter. Just said a Tehillim for her. Please come back every now and then with updates.
I miss Barbara too. She didn't leave so much as get chased off by a scary stalker. I hope Yael took action against that person.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:35 pm
There are a number of posts I've liked on this thread, and on this page.
I stay here with reservations. There is a lot I don't need to see here, and some I edit, some I don't participate in, some I feel sad and beleaguered about as well.

(As I've said though, probably the biggest reservation I have is how much time I spend here. Though not having a smart phone, it's not like I'm online all day.)

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:46 pm
STMommy wrote:
Thanks Isramom for the reply and the reminder about your granddaughter. Just said a Tehillim for her. Please come back every now and then with updates.
I miss Barbara too. She didn't leave so much as get chased off by a scary stalker. I hope Yael took action against that person.

Ugh, see this is the problem with leaving for any length of time. You miss all the scandals! I was wondering what happened to Barbara and hoping she was ok. I also missed the MY debacle. Oh well.

I'm another one of those who felt that imamother was draining more from me than I was gaining. So I stepped back for a few years. Now I hang around sometimes.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:54 pm
Pink Fridge please don't leave. The trouble is when "good" people leave you are left with...

Well let's just say I miss (adding to the list) Channie8 and. youngishbear. Maybe they are in that other group.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
Pink Fridge please don't leave. The trouble is when "good" people leave you are left with...

Well let's just say I miss (adding to the list) Channie8 and. youngishbear. Maybe they are in that other group.

Yes, I miss channie8 and youngishbear! Btw, there is no other group for disgruntled ima's. Someone's imagination was running a bit wild.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 8:56 pm
I also wondered what happened to old posters. For example Anaidlemaidel, dolly, or the ones that the other amother posted above.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 5:42 am
amother wrote:
Yes, I miss channie8 and youngishbear! Btw, there is no other group for disgruntled ima's. Someone's imagination was running a bit wild.

Actually, there is. I was invited to it but didn't stay long. It's been several years, so maybe the environment has changed, but I was not impressed.
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics