Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where do Ima's disappear to so suddenly?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:14 am
Mama Bear wrote:
hey, that's sweet of you Smile
I see sequoia , marina , and chocolate moose all the time on Facebook . We're bh all alive and well .
I don't spend time here anymore , and not even on Facebook honestly , simply bc I just don't have time .... I'm a very busy mama bh!
I was pointed here by another poster . So just checking in to say hello.

So the bear comes out of hibernation....

Where on Facebook?

I remember you told us your interesting story... how is your son -is he in camp this yr? How old is your youngest bear now?

I think you’re the one who once shared about finding chometz in the bottom of your stroller on pesach at your in laws house... I’ve told a few people that story!

Tamiri

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:20 am
Someone let me know I was tagged. I dropped out of imamother years ago because it was making me hate fellow jewesses.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:55 am
I was also told that I was mentioned here. As seeker said, I felt the anti Torah views here were intolerable. This site was also a huge time waster for me. I wanted to leave for a long time, and I finally managed to do it when my computer became so slow that each page of imamother took way too long to open and I lost patience.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:11 am
What happened to EmesorNot..

What about Obsessed Dancer

Speaking of which, its 6 weeks until KR a"hs yahrzeit

Emotional

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:26 am
greenfire wrote:
sadly there are also enough imamothers mia because they actually passed away ...

Cookielady, Sanguine... who else? Crying

pause

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:04 am
Hi, all old posters!! This thread is starting to feel like a reunion of sorts!!! Party Cheers

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:14 am
Mama Bear wrote:
hey, that's sweet of you Smile
I see sequoia , marina , and chocolate moose all the time on Facebook . We're bh all alive and well .
I don't spend time here anymore , and not even on Facebook honestly , simply bc I just don't have time .... I'm a very busy mama bh!
I was pointed here by another poster . So just checking in to say hello.

Hello to you!! Wave
I've seen so many great posts from you in old threads..

Aha! So that's where all the Imas are.. Tongue Out

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:16 am
pause wrote:
Hi, all old posters!! This thread is starting to feel like a reunion of sorts!!! Party Cheers

Yes! I'm totally loving it! (lol, I'm not even an old poster)

farm

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:18 am
MommyZ?
Thanks Tamiri and Yesha/Beer Sheva! ✌

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:32 pm
Emotional wrote:
Cookielady, Sanguine... who else? Crying

What happened to them?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:34 pm
Shalhevet? Motek? crayon? gamzu? chaylizi?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:41 pm
What about Clarrisa (I think that's what her name was)?
I loved her crazy sense of humor.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:44 pm
Sanguine unfortunately passed away Sad

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:48 pm
I've read a LOT of old threads and it seems that Imamother was full of debate about the ikrim, OO, really controversial hashkafic things with a lot of vitriol around 2013/2014. Then a lot of vocally chareidi and anti-chareidi posters stopped posting or were banned (BlueRose52 and freidasima on one side, Isramom8 and shalhevet on the other, to name a few) and the site became a lot calmer.

Earlier on, in the shalhevet and Motek days of 2006-2009, the debates seemed to mostly be Litvish vs Lubavitch, which is hilarious now. There were a lot of Lubavitch posters that were active when the site was mostly Lubavitch that left when it broadened -- Tefila, TzenaRena.

Formerly active posters (isramom, tamiri, etc) I wonder if you'd like it more now. There are rarely any super heated hashkafic debates anymore.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:51 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
I've read a LOT of old threads and it seems that Imamother was full of debate about the ikrim, OO, really controversial hashkafic things with a lot of vitriol around 2013/2014. Then a lot of vocally chareidi and anti-chareidi posters stopped posting or were banned (BlueRose52 and freidasima on one side, Isramom8 and shalhevet on the other, to name a few) and the site became a lot calmer.

Earlier on, in the shalhevet and Motek days of 2006-2009, the debates seemed to mostly be Litvish vs Lubavitch, which is hilarious now. There were a lot of Lubavitch posters that were active when the site was mostly Lubavitch that left when it broadened -- Tefila, TzenaRena.

Formerly active posters (isramom, tamiri, etc) I wonder if you'd like it more now. There are rarely any super heated hashkafic debates anymore.

THere's a much larger story about FS, and how she was here under false pretenses. Your dates say you weren't here then?

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
Sanguine unfortunately passed away Sad

Do you know her hebrew name? Do you know what happened?

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:52 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
THere's a much larger story about FS, and how she was here under false pretenses. Your dates say you weren't here then?

I know all about that. I spent much of my clinically depressed days after I was married reading imamother. I also read the public sections of imamother a lot before I was married.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:53 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:

Yes, I wonder too.

And hey buddy! I see I'm not the only one who finds old threads really interesting.. Wink

Some threads are chock full of drama Twisted Evil (maybe I should start a new thread) like the freidasima thread, the addition of 13 ikrim thread, and pretty recent the MY thread.

ETA how can I forget about the dramatic tammy/sue debacle?

Last edited by InnerMe on Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:54 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Do you know her hebrew name? Do you know what happened?

Michal I believe.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:59 pm
FYI, Yael worked really hard (without going into specifics) to alter the landscape here. And yes, Freidasima did play a large role in all those debates. But so did many others.

Others whom I haven't seen in ages are Bamama and Chavelamommela and many more.
Page 5 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics