Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Going bak to school- ideas of fields

renapl

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 3:28 pm
I would like to go back to school but not sure for what. Need something that is part time and very flexible. By flexible I mean that if my child is sick I can easily cancel. Any ideas other than pt ot speech and special ed?

SpottedBanana

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 3:39 pm
A therapist can "easily" cancel an appointment just because her child is sick?

Sounds like your real only option is working from home -- what kind of work appeals to you? Technical writing? Graphic design? Making sales calls*?

*not telemarketing -- the kind where you're selling something big like a software program and email a potential client first to set up the call. This generally requires a business degree.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 3:42 pm
I agree with spotted banana. I had a therapist who was always cancelling due to her personal issues and my then baby became even more delayed. If you go into the therapies you cant just call off every time your kid is sick its a real job that you have to be accountable for.

Optione

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:21 pm
renapl wrote:
I would like to go back to school but not sure for what. Need something that is part time and very flexible. By flexible I mean that if my child is sick I can easily cancel. Any ideas other than pt ot speech and special ed?

It's disturbing that you have the impression that these fields are very flexible...

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:33 pm
Optione wrote:

It's disturbing that you have the impression that these fields are very flexible...

Why are they the stereotypical ones that frum 'girls' choose?

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
Why are they the stereotypical ones that frum 'girls' choose?

The schooling is relatively brief, there are part time options available, and there are school-based positions, which allow women to more easily work around their own kids schedules.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:57 pm
I find being a therapist flexible simply because I can make my own hours, work part time etc. if necessary, I might cancel in advance and reschedule for another day. When a last minute emergency comes up, it’s the same as with any other job. It happens.

Violet123

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 5:46 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics