Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Asking kashrus shailos: a hotline

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 10:51 am
I was trying to find out if a certain spice needs a hashgacha, when I found this info. You can call the Star-K with all types of kashrus shailos! from their website:

From simple questions like, “Does sea salt need a hechsher?” to complex questions like, “I cut an onion with a dairy knife and then added it to my chicken soup. What do I do?” STAR-K’s Rabbis are ready and willing to provide the answer.

Office Hours:
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. E.S.T.
Friday - Winter, 9 a.m. to 2 hours before candlelighting E.S.T.
Friday - Summer, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. D.S.T.

Phone: 410-484-4110
Fax: 410-653-9294
E-mail: info@star-k.org

amother

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 11:05 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I was trying to find out if a certain spice needs a hashgacha, when I found this info. You can call the Star-K with all types of kashrus shailos! from their website:

From simple questions like, “Does sea salt need a hechsher?” to complex questions like, “I cut an onion with a dairy knife and then added it to my chicken soup. What do I do?” STAR-K’s Rabbis are ready and willing to provide the answer.

Office Hours:
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. E.S.T.
Friday - Winter, 9 a.m. to 2 hours before candlelighting E.S.T.
Friday - Summer, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. D.S.T.

Phone: 410-484-4110
Fax: 410-653-9294
E-mail: info@star-k.org

I'm not speaking specifically about this group, but I always think I'd rather ask kashrut questions of people not associated with certification organizations. After all, they make their $ from people feeling they need haskacha on everything, even water, soap and aluminum foil. I prefer to ask rabbis who have nothing to gain with their responses.

(nobody jump down my throat and tell me that one should only drink water, use kosher soap and rap their fish in kosher aluminum foil. Just examples)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 12:26 pm
I agree. And do they know all the rites to pasken according to the person and not being overly machmir/lax ?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 7:54 pm
with my call, I found them completely nautral.
I asked if a certain spice needed hashgacha. I told her the ingredients. She said it was fine. So I assume she had no $ interests in mind.

Also, it says they also answer kitchen shailos. That's great if you can't get thru to your regular rov while cooking!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen