Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I’ve had it. Help me lose weight.
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:06 pm
amother wrote:
I’m not really sure why you’re so down on me, but please stop commenting here. You have no idea what I did or did not do in terms of seeking medical advice. You sound like the OP of one of those fat shaming threads, and I can really do without that right now.

Ok, sorry, I'm not "down on you". I'm down on the idea that dieting is complicated. I saw someone on this thread suggested eating salmon, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, big salad, and tofu. That's a great plan. Oh yeah, sounds like the same low fat, low calorie, low carb, low sugar diet I had mentioned.
Either way, mazal tov, and I hope you find a diet that you are comfortable with that works for you.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:43 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
10 lbs is not this major hurdle. Most people have a lot more to lose. If that's really all you have to lose, you can do with minor cut backs and adding slight exercirse, even 10 minutes more a day and cutting out 100 calories a day but cut yourself some slack until you recover from birth.

I’d ideally like to lose at least 50.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:47 pm
Sorry I misread. Thought you wanted to go from 190 to 180. 50 is a much higher goal. For that you do need more of a real plan or calorie deficiency but be careful to not go too low while nursing. Take care of yourself first.

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:07 pm
Read
Always hungry?
By dr David Ludwig
I’ve been on every diet ever
This just makes the most sense. Doesn’t feel restrictive. Cravings disappeared after a day

champion

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:46 am
First of all, you are right, our bodies can behave one way as an older teen-young adult, and another a grown adult/pp mommy.
Partially because of the changes in the hormonal activity.
But in the long run (and I mean loooong) we have the ability to reset our bodies and lose that weight if we go about it properly.
Can you post your eating habits for an average day? I can try to help you.
Also do you ever have binges/crashes?
Try to be honest about your eating behaviour, I am sure you can get to the bottom of this!

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:57 am
I really like the whole 30

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:02 am
Tangerine sweetheart please knock it off.

I was in a similar position. Did not eat much. Exercised. No sweets bakery goods etc. COULD NOT BUDGE THE SCALE. For the first time in my life.

I went to a nutritionist who worked off recent/current bloodwork. She said my blood sugar was high (not diabetes level B"H) and I was sugar resistant. Hence the lack of weight loss.

On her advice, I cut out ALL sugar ALL sweeteners natural or artificial, all dried fruit, all white flour, all gluten.

Every week I ate a lot no portion control and yet still lost 2 pounds every week until I reached my goal and the weight loss stopped naturally and stays stable by maintaining this regimen.

WHICH WORKS FOR ME.

Everyone needs to find that key that works for them while allowing nutritional food and feeling good.

Hatzlocha and hugs and health to you op, tangerine, and to all of us!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:07 am
We are all intelligent women.

If it were as easy as knowing the facts we would all be thin and there would not be a bajillion dollar weight loss industry.

Theres also an emotional component. That is real true!

It is easier for some than others -- we have different metabolisms and many factors.

It can be done!

Op you CAN do it!

One step at a time.

You WILL find the way that works for you IYH.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 7:11 am
It can help to do a buddy system. Like find a friend who is in the same boat. Then there can be support and accountability and help staying to it.

Kol hatchalot kashot.

It gets easier!

Think about successes you have had in the past, weight or otherwise, and think about what you did and what strategies helped you persevere and be successful in attaining your goal(s).

Then apply what you know works for you and what you know has worked for you in the past to this issue. If you work best alone, with a mentor (find someone who has done this who probably would love to pay it forward), a support group (you can even form one informally),....

Age is not a factor in weight loss in that you CAN lose weight and get in shape AT ANY AGE!

Be good to yourself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise