Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Fake flowers

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:35 pm
We're looking to cut back on expenses a little and a weekly bouquet of flowers is getting expensive. I'm thinking to buy a couple pretty and good quality fake flower arrangements to use on rotation for shabbos. Has anyone done this? Where should I look and what should I look for?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 3:40 pm
We bought a ready arrangement at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for the price of 1 week's worth of shabbos flowers.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 4:08 pm
We have beautiful looking orchids from Costco.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 4:49 pm
I bought a gorgeous arrangement for $350 in Lakewood.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:06 pm
no just no Puke

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:36 pm
greenfire wrote:
no just no Puke

No to silk flowers or no to $350 arrangement from Lakewood?
I imagine if someone's looking to do silk to save money, 350 is not what they're looking for.
Check out michaels. Can even find nice vase and that fake water that hardens and choose your own arrangement. I've seen people do that. That's 40-60+ depending on what you choose.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 1:59 pm
We got a gorgeous arrangement at Petals by Pia. Everyone thinks it’s real.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
no just no Puke

I’m sorry. Does someone spending money offend you? Why does everyone have to live according to what certain people decide is right.

I bought the vase and flowers a year ago- that already made my purchase 6.73 a week. And that is after just one year and I have a beautiful floral arrangement that is high quality and looks real.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 2:59 pm
I thought she didn't like my idea of fake flowers not amother taupes idea

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 3:47 pm
Homegoods has some nice arrangements .
Petals by Pia in Boro Park has nice silk arrangements . My mother bought silk arrangements for my all my brothers kallahs for their Shabbos kallah. They look real.
Downside: they get dusty after a while

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 5:15 pm
Michaels and A.C. Moore often have flowers at 50% off or more. Combine that with a 40% coupon on one item for a vase.

It's worth calling to see when their floral designer is in (if they still have one) and she can help you choose the flowers if you want. They will put the whole thing together for you with foam etc & you pick it up a few days later.

Than again, I picked up a small but beautiful pre-made little arrangement last year at 50% off before Pesach, I think it was around $50 marked down to 25, and I put it away with the Pesach dishes to keep for next year (as it goes on the table I didn't want to use the one that goes on the table with chometz, though your Rav may hold differently!)

I've also picked up some very nice flowers at Pier One.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 6:45 pm
we have beautiful fake flower arrangements, not tacky at all, really stunning and they were on sale and literally everyone thinks the bouquet is real. I love them.

we had less nicer ones before they were not bad or ugly they were indeed nice but nothing compared to what we purchased before pessach!!! make sure to find good quality stunning ones. keep looking till you find the ones you LOVE
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics