Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Share your recipe tricks

tweety1

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 5:08 pm
I've gained so much from imamother and instagram. I've gotten great ideas and tips. I'll start by sharing 2 that I tried today.

1. Tuna patties using white tuna and avacado instead of mayo. It's delicious! And has a gorgeous color.
2. Squash soup using cauliflower instead of potatoes . Delicious!

SHARE YOURS!!

shiaeisen

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 5:09 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I've gained so much from imamother and instagram. I've gotten great ideas and tips. I'll start by sharing 2 that I tried today.

1. Tuna patties using white tuna and avacado instead of mayo. It's delicious! And has a gorgeous color.

SHARE YOURS!!

So all you put into the tuna patties is avocado?

tweety1

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:19 pm
shiaeisen wrote:
So all you put into the tuna patties is avocado?

No. I followed regular recipe but instead of mayonnaise I used avacado. It's a much healthier version. I didn't feel a difference in taste. Maybe that's just me cuz I love love avacado. Thinking now, my dd that wouldn't go near avacado loved it. Of course I didn't tell her there's avacado in there

SpottedBanana

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:32 pm
Use maple syrup (I actually used lite pancake syrup) instead of vanilla in carrot kugel for a richer flavor.

I got this from imamother: for chicken soup that doesn't need straining, boil just the chicken for ~20 minutes and then dump out all the water. Boil new water and add the chicken and veggies. Your soup will be very flavorful as long as you add enough veggies and spices, but it won't have that greasy taste.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:47 pm
My father and I do this Pesach time. We make a huge pot of apple sauce. Then we pour out the applesauce into the storage containers but we don't wash out the pot. We then make chicken soup in the dirty apple sauce pot. Our chicken soup on Pesach always gets extra compliments and requests for more.

gazingblue

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:07 pm
tweety1 wrote:

SHARE YOURS!!

Would you mind sharing both recipes please?

tweety1

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:16 pm
gazingblue wrote:
Would you mind sharing both recipes please?

6 cans white albacore tuna
6 eggs
1 avacado
A little breadcrumbs probably around 1/4 cup
Salt. Then I fried it

For the soup I made a 20 quart pot so I can freeze. I used abt 10-12 big squash. Peeled all besides 4. Sautéed 2 huge onions with 8 frozen garlic. Cut all squash into chunks. Added 2 bags of frozen cauliflower. Added salt and water. When it's done I blended with hand blender. It's yummy! Tastes like the regular squash potato soup.

tweety1

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My father and I do this Pesach time. We make a huge pot of apple sauce. Then we pour out the applesauce into the storage containers but we don't wash out the pot. We then make chicken soup in the dirty apple sauce pot. Our chicken soup on Pesach always gets extra compliments and requests for more.
K
This sounds super interesting. I don't think I can wait till Pesach for this one. I'm gonna try it sometime in the next few weeks.

gazingblue

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:38 pm
tweety1 wrote:
6 cans white albacore tuna
6 eggs
1 avacado
A little breadcrumbs probably around 1/4 cup
Salt. Then I fried it

For the soup I made a 20 quart pot so I can freeze. I used abt 10-12 big squash. Peeled all besides 4. Sautéed 2 huge onions with 8 frozen garlic. Cut all squash into chunks. Added 2 bags of frozen cauliflower. Added salt and water. When it's done I blended with hand blender. It's yummy! Tastes like the regular squash potato soup.

Thank you. Sounds delish

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 8:04 am
Salmon with honey - gets rave reviews every time.

Filet of salmon, shmeared well with honey. Slice onions thinly and layer over the top. Bake until it's almost done, and then turn off the oven. It will be perfectly cooked a few minutes later.

This method keeps the salmon moist and flavorful, and it's pretty idiot proof. It never dries out, and tastes amazing cold the next day.

creditcards

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:32 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Salmon with honey - gets rave reviews every time.

Filet of salmon, shmeared well with honey. Slice onions thinly and layer over the top. Bake until it's almost done, and then turn off the oven. It will be perfectly cooked a few minutes later.

This method keeps the salmon moist and flavorful, and it's pretty idiot proof. It never dries out, and tastes amazing cold the next day.

How long on what number do you bake it?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:33 am
tweety1 wrote:
No. I followed regular recipe but instead of mayonnaise I used avacado. It's a much healthier version. I didn't feel a difference in taste. Maybe that's just me cuz I love love avacado. Thinking now, my dd that wouldn't go near avacado loved it. Of course I didn't tell her there's avacado in there

Did it need any eggs?
YSC from this post is looking for an egg free version.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....15937

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:23 am
ra_mom wrote:
Did it need any eggs?
YSC from this post is looking for an egg free version.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....15937

Yes. Read previous post. I put 1 egg per can of tuna

Roots

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:39 pm
in days I know ill be at work till late and I have no lunch ready I make pancake batter in the morning and put it in the fridge before I go to work ( and no hands pulling my skirt, trying to taste, trying to 'help' me...lol) and when I come home I give it a good mix again and fry.

another easy and great 9 days recipe- in hebrew we call it chips im chavita (frenchfries and scambled eggs)
basically cut up and saute a small onion, set aside (optional but adds lots of taste)
cut french fries - but in round disc shapes rather than long ones- and fry
meanwhile whisk a bunch of eggs wwith the onions and some salt and pepper
when fries ready spill out remaining oil into another pot (cuz its really boiling) and spill the eggs inside. turn over if you can
serve with sour cream and toast. yyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm.

also if I have extra tomatoes around and I know they will go to waste I saute and onion and add the tomatoes and even garlic if im in the mood/. cook it up for a while and when its cooled freeze in batches that make agood starting base for a quich shakshouka, or put in soup, or throw into anything that fits........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics