Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Optavia

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:25 pm
Hi. Anyone on here on optavia? I know there are many different plans. But was wondering if someone can tell me more about it. I have spoken to a few health coaches that do it and I dont feel like they are giving me a clear picture of what it is. (I feel like they just want to sell their product) whats it like kashrus wise? All ive been hearing is that you lose weight fast. Are u still hungry while on it? How much does it cost? Tell me all!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:34 pm
It's about $425 a month for their products + whatever other food you need for your other meal.

In the beginning you are hungry but just like any diet change you get used to it

Many people have success. Many don't. The products are soy based and some don't react well.
Most things are OUD... there are 7 or 9 parve items.

Food you get used to. Beginning isn't so tasty but tastebuds get used to it

I personally had success on it but don't think it's healthy for the body or mind.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:55 pm
The other challenge is going off of it. I have heard a lot of people who gained the weight back as soon as they went back to a normal caloric intake which scared me from rejoining. I think it works rewell if you are committed to staying on a really restricted diet essentially for life.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 8:58 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
The other challenge is going off of it. I have heard a lot of people who gained the weight back as soon as they went back to a normal caloric intake which scared me from rejoining. I think it works rewell if you are committed to staying on a really restricted diet essentially for life.

I think any diet where one goes back to the pre diet "normal calorie intake" will trigger weight gain and reverse the impact of the diet. I don't see why this is ab optavia issue.

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:09 pm
Optavia is an MLM first, everything else is second. Keep that in mind when you listen to “coaches”.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:13 pm
watergirl wrote:
Optavia is an MLM first, everything else is second. Keep that in mind when you listen to “coaches”.

How does the fact optavia is an MLM does that make it a less effective diet?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:31 pm
People definitely lose weight on it and then like to pose with 5 pound bags of sugar with the amounts they lost. Most people I know gained a lot back even with healthy eating after going off of it.
The ‘coaches’ make really good money. I know someone who gave up their other job because they were so successful selling the bars.

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:36 pm
amother wrote:
How does the fact optavia is an MLM does that make it a less effective diet?

Because they are trying to sell you stuff to make money. They arent as nogeah bdavar as you are led to believe.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 11:54 pm
My colleagues were on it. The food smelled like cr@p and I feared what they were putting in their bodies. They mixed powders in the microwave and the place smelled awful. They gagged as they ate. It was painful to watch.

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 12:08 am
Weight watchers is also trying to make money off you, it's not exclusively an MLM thing... In any MLM, though, there are always some people who are just trying to push their thing. But there are others who can help you learn what they're about. I spoke to Optavia people on both sides. I didn't sign up because I'm just not ready to commit to a program, but I have friends who did it and are happy.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 5:12 am
Okay, I'll briefly tell my story.

I'm on Optavia. The program has changed my life, I personally find the food delicious (I'm not sure what the previous poster is referring to by gagging on their food. There were a couple of choices I didn't like, so I simply didn't order those.) I have never been this weight in my life and have never ever liked my body until now, not even in elementary school. I find it easy to stick to and it's the only one that actually worked for me. My doctor is thrilled.
I don't find it expensive since my supermarket bill went down by a similar amount so it evened out, in my experience. Does my coach get a percentage of what I order? Yes. I don't really see how that affects me or my weight loss.

Like I said, I don't really talk about the program, I don't feel a need to defend it, it seems so controversial, I'm not sure why. But it has changed my life and I'm grateful for it.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 6:43 am
amother wrote:
I think any diet where one goes back to the pre diet "normal calorie intake" will trigger weight gain and reverse the impact of the diet. I don't see why this is ab optavia issue.

The difference here is that your body is getting used to a very specific way of eating (ketosis) vs eating less calories and you can gain back all you lost when you return to normal eating is something not really addressed in their literature which bothers me. Most people don't want to lose or pay 400 a month forever.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 12:26 am
I have some fuelings for sale if anyone is interested in buying some to try it out.
Email me
room4rva@gmail.com

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 12:32 am
notshanarishona wrote:
The difference here is that your body is getting used to a very specific way of eating (ketosis) vs eating less calories and you can gain back all you lost when you return to normal eating is something not really addressed in their literature which bothers me. Most people don't want to lose or pay 400 a month forever.

What’s your point here? Any programme you follow needs to be a lifestyle choice to be maintained. Ketosis is a useful tool in how it kills cravings and makes you feel fuller. I know nothing about Octavia but I’d like to see some proof of whatever you were trying to say.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:29 am
That a regular diet you can still transition to normal foods once you finish the weight loss stage .Here you are stuck paying for their expensive products. If that doesn't bother you by all means... I know people who go for it, I am just a big believer in knowing what you are going into it. It's a major dent in your expenses.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 7:48 am
andrea levy wrote:
What’s your point here? Any programme you follow needs to be a lifestyle choice to be maintained. Ketosis is a useful tool in how it kills cravings and makes you feel fuller. I know nothing about Octavia but I’d like to see some proof of whatever you were trying to say.

I think she's saying that in this particular program, there isn't an emphasis on learning how to create a optimal diet. Most of the food eaten throughout the day is purchased directly from optavia. There is no maintenance option to be done independently, you just keep paying them for "food."

I agree that this sets people up for failure long term.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise