Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I take this therapy job?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:16 pm
I am a new grad and having a difficult time finding a job. I was offered a position in a therapy clinic. However the owner is a bit dishonest. She is really sweet flexible and nice to work with, really would be a dream job. However I did my fieldwork at the clinic and I suspect she did a number of illegal things, e.g.changed therapy session notes that a student ran (changed level of function, intervention ect.) without the student's knowledge. I suspect she has done other illegal things. The therapist are all completely honest and are oblivious (or pretend to be). If I were to accept the position and obviously perform in all honestly. Would I be in any trouble if she were to get arrested or fined? I am really desperate for a job.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:26 pm
no. keep copies of your notes.

(of course you may need to find a new job if her clinic closes).

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:27 pm
Are you sure she wasn’t correcting the student’s mistakes?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:44 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
Are you sure she wasn’t correcting the student’s mistakes?

Nope. She asked my friend who was doing fieldwork with me to change the notes from previous students from the past 6 months (its all handwritten). She asked her to change the level of function so it shows improvement and change the intervention so its ADL based. My friend said she didn't feel comfortable doing it.

The parents also assumed therapists were providing treatment. The owner would go out and bring the child to and from the session room. In fact it was often the student's providing treatment without any supervision.

I would like to reiterate that she was really kind to the students and all the staff. I just really dont want my license to be surrendered or anything chv.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 6:52 pm
Unfortunately, this is very common. Personally, as a therapist, I avoid those places. Not likely that your license will be at risk, but your neshama will (sorry to sound preachy).

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:12 pm
I am not sure what type of therapist you are but if you are looking for a job. I know we need ot and pts. You can email her at cg.yesodeibina@gmail.com please do not tell her u got it from Imamother Thanks

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:
I am not sure what type of therapist you are but if you are looking for a job. I know we need ot and pts. You can email her at cg.yesodeibina@gmail.com please do not tell her u got it from Imamother Thanks

Thank you so much for your response! I am from lakewood and would be willing to travel upto an hour away.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:40 pm
Even if you wouldn't get in trouble, if the practices are revealed and made public, your experience at this group could be something that would hurt your chances of getting another job. If it's not something you would want on your resume I suggest avoiding it.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 7:42 pm
I think you already know the answer about the original position. You should not take a job that is not yosher.

However, it takes a lot of emunah to turn down a job when you don't know if or when another opportunity will come up.

I hope the other offer works out and you are able to make a parnasa without sacrificing your principles!

creditcards

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 9:47 pm
You should ask a Rav before deciding that the job is not kosher.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 10:30 pm
I'm an SLP and I think you should definitely take the job! You don't have to stay long. Once you have a year's experience, you'll be in a much better position to look for a better job. But don't kid yourself that the next place will be any different! As long as your boss is fine with you saying no when she asks you to do something unethical, I would go for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics