Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Neighbor putting his trash bags in others cans, what to do?
Previous  1  2  3  4

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Rochel - yes it’s real
Not sure how seriously police would take a complaint like this however there is the idea of no trespassing / restraining orders Bc of harassment
I’m america

It doesn't matter honestly, as long as the sign scares people away.
You don't actually have to install a camera.
Just write a funny or intimidating sign....

Another option is like: "We know who you are.
Beware."

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
People who don't use their own cans usually are doing it because they don't want to pay for pick up service or fines or cans or overflow or extra.

Not okay!

I always thought pick-up service was a mandatory thing that you cannot opt out of.

Metukah

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:35 am
amother wrote:
I was forced to do it a few times when I realized that a neighbor was going through my garbage and taking it back to the house after I had put it by the curb. He was harassing us and this was just part of it. I had no choice but to "hide" my garbage from him and use someone elses. He has since moved and I no longer have deal with the craziness.
Op, your neighbor may be going through the same thing. Ask him if everything is ok and if he needs help dealing with the garbage then decide how to deal with it.

Did you ask your neighbours for permission to use their can? If not, you are just as bad as ops neighbour. Doesn't matter what the reason, there is no excuse to do it without permission.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:37 am
Putting garbage in your can doesn't harassment make.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:26 am
amother wrote:
I was forced to do it a few times when I realized that a neighbor was going through my garbage and taking it back to the house after I had put it by the curb. He was harassing us and this was just part of it. I had no choice but to "hide" my garbage from him and use someone elses. He has since moved and I no longer have deal with the craziness.
Op, your neighbor may be going through the same thing. Ask him if everything is ok and if he needs help dealing with the garbage then decide how to deal with it.

Was he taking it back to his house or back to yours?

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:26 am
I would put up a camera. They aren't that expensive anymore. Then you can approach your neighbor and ask them to stop. If they deny it's them, pull out their picture.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:57 am
Yes and you can put a sign on the can saying its being monitored whether you are really using a camera or not
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries