Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva Bais Mordechai in Teaneck

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 3:18 pm
Do you know anything about this yeshiva? I'm trying to find any information about this place. This yeshiva was recommended for one of my sons by his current Rosh Yeshiva and we need some more info about this place. If you had experience or know anyone that had experience with them your input would be greatly appreciated.
What type of yeshiva is it? Do they have secular studies too? What's the student body like? The Rosh yeshiva? Tuition? Etc.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 4:07 pm
Is this a different school than heichal?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
Is this a different school than heichal?

Not sure. It's run by Rabbi Roberts

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 4:36 pm
I haven't been involved in a few years but afaik there's no secular studies. It's a beis medrash/kollel not a high school. There were some boys in the FDU program on the side.
The crowd was open minded. The boys wear black/white but they tend to be worldly. They are encouraged to get married young, many of them learn for a couple of years and then go work. The Rosh yeshiva has somewhat of a chassidish background he sends his boys to Bais Dovid in Monsey if I'm remembering right but the yeshiva boys are litvish not at all chassidish. I don't know if that's a factor for you.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 5:01 pm
amother wrote:
I haven't been involved in a few years but afaik there's no secular studies. It's a beis medrash/kollel not a high school. There were some boys in the FDU program on the side.
The crowd was open minded. The boys wear black/white but they tend to be worldly. They are encouraged to get married young, many of them learn for a couple of years and then go work. The Rosh yeshiva has somewhat of a chassidish background he sends his boys to Bais Dovid in Monsey if I'm remembering right but the yeshiva boys are litvish not at all chassidish. I don't know if that's a factor for you.

Thanks. This info was very helpful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics