Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Stroller.. then what?

SnowLeopard

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 9:56 pm
My daughter is outgrowing her stroller and is very active, but still gets tired when we walk long distances. I am wondering if the bikes that parents can steer from that back are helpful for this? Is it hard to keep up with the pace they’re peddling/do they try to zoom off? And how is it on sidewalk terrain? Do you have any other suggestions? (Pushing our stroller everywhere as she walks keeps us lagging behind while she runs ahead, and ties up the use of our hands... )

miami85

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:06 pm
there are umbrella-type strollers that are good for up to 5 years/40lbs even 50lbs

fraimal

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:08 pm
http://kollelbudget.com/125128-2/
Amazon Prime Day Deal: Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike Only $55.53 + Free Shipping!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:22 pm
How old is your daughter? My 5 1/2 year old is still in a stroller when we walk long distances.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:31 pm
fraimal wrote:
http://kollelbudget.com/125128-2/
Amazon Prime Day Deal: Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike Only $55.53 + Free Shipping!

For me personally, an umbrella stroller is much easier than this. That's what we use for nights/ long distances/ really hot days.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 10:39 pm
I’d go for a stroller over a bike anytime for many reasons.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:14 pm
We use (micro mini) scooters. The kids ride while we walk and love it. We also still have the stroller in case they get tired.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
We use (micro mini) scooters. The kids ride while we walk and love it. We also still have the stroller in case they get tired.

I know a 6 year old who uses a scooter. Ahe does go ahead of her parents, but there is nothing wrong with telling a kid "wait at the corner/tree/pole..."
I think 5 years old is still umbrella stroller age. It's a lot easier to push and empty stroller while she walks than to carry her when she can't.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jul 16 2018, 11:36 pm
OutATowner wrote:
I know a 6 year old who uses a scooter. Ahe does go ahead of her parents, but there is nothing wrong with telling a kid "wait at the corner/tree/pole..."
I think 5 years old is still umbrella stroller age. It's a lot easier to push and empty stroller while she walks than to carry her when she can't.

Yes. My boys know to stop before streets and alleys and that they can’t turn a corner before me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers