Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Delicious Zucchini soup has small pieces of clear "thread"

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:11 pm
Where are these clear threads less than an inch (they look like very soft, very thin,small fish bones), coming from?

It was made from:

Onion, Garlic, Zucchini, Potato and Spices.

If I'd have put in celery Id have thought its celery.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
Where are these clear threads less than an inch (they look like very soft, very thin,small fish bones), coming from?

It was made from:

Onion, Garlic, Zucchini, Potato and Spices.

If I'd have put in celery Id have thought its celery.

Was this something you made yourself and trying to figure out what made the stands or something you tasted from someone else and you want to replicate?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Was this something you made yourself and trying to figure out what made the stands or something you tasted from someone else and you want to replicate?

I made it myself with the ingredients listed above, and its delicious but the threads are "strange" and Im trying to figure out where theyre from.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
I made it myself with the ingredients listed above, and its delicious but the threads are "strange" and Im trying to figure out where theyre from.

How did you cut the onions before sauteeing them? How did you puree the soup?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:27 pm
If you cut into a bad zucchini, the inner flesh may be stringy and filled with large seeds.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:
If you cut into a bad zucchini, the inner flesh may be stringy and filled with large seeds.

I cut the zuchinni into cubes before sauteeing and didnt see anything unusual.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:38 pm
Sorry to say if I didn't know what it was I'd throw it out for fear of something buggy or otherwise not okay and unusual.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:39 pm
Because really, like you and most of us, I've often cooked with all those things and never seen that so would think it was something not okay and out of the ordinary.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:12 pm
Sometimes zucchini cooked for so long breaks down in a way that could be considered stringy, I guess.

My other thought would be that it could the membrane layer of the onions.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:13 pm
I make zucchini soup often and have never seen that before.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:25 pm
OP here.

I rarely make blended soups.

It must be the fibrous part of the onion because I made butternut squash soup in a totally clean pot, with totally new ingredients, no zuchinni this time, and I saw and tasted a few pieces of the same.

porcupine04

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:44 pm
The same thing happened to me once when I made a vegetable soup. I'm pretty sure it was pieces of onion that were shredded instead of completed blended with the immersion blender

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:57 pm
porcupine04 wrote:
The same thing happened to me once when I made a vegetable soup. I'm pretty sure it was pieces of onion that were shredded instead of completed blended with the immersion blender

Its weird that all the pieces I tasted and saw were thread-thin.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 6:43 am
amother wrote:
OP here.

I rarely make blended soups.

It must be the fibrous part of the onion because I made butternut squash soup in a totally clean pot, with totally new ingredients, no zuchinni this time, and I saw and tasted a few pieces of the same.

You're not blending the soup enough. Puree until everything is silky. If you're using an immersion blender you need to keep moving the stick and vigorously blending.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 7:43 am
amother wrote:
You're not blending the soup enough. Puree until everything is silky. If you're using an immersion blender you need to keep moving the stick and vigorously blending.

Possibly. Theres not that many pieces like that in the pot, but I cant see how these pieces that look almost like toothbrush bristles, but slightly longer, would ever get blended.

If I hadnt made the soup myself, Id think someone dropped something into both soups, by mistake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen