Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Shalosh seudos this week before fast this week
Previous  1  2  3  Next

pause

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 6:45 pm
Quinoa salad
Avocado salad

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:34 pm
saralem wrote:
Andrea-that’s so interesting. I’ve been very low carb for about a year. I fast well but this last one I felt so drained. I wonder if it’s the low carb connection. If I eat brown rice before the fast, would that help? I also plan on watermelon , salmon, grapes and dates. ( which is not at all how I usually eat!!) what do you think?

Stay low carb. Add salt! Carbs will knock you out of ketosis and make you hungry. Intermittent fasting is WAY easier on very low carbs. Making sure that you keep your salt up will also help because you won’t release all that fluid and have electrolytes become low.

laer

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 1:46 am
I am low carb during the year but before fast carbs are the best. I make a noodle kugel not too sweet and salmon/ egg salad avocado and fruits and veggies. Tonz of ice teas. Easy fast.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:48 am
We always serve the cholent for shalosh seudos instead of lunch.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:05 am
simba wrote:
I was told you can't reheat chicken because it has moisture.
Maybe I'll try the grilled chicken idea. Does it get congealed at all?

I make grilled chicken all the time and reheat for lunch it's yum.
For chicken quarters, my Rav said to take it out of the pan it cooked in while it's still warm (before the liquid congeals) and put it in a new clean pan and reheat on Shabbos in that. This way there's no liquid.

exhausted

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:18 am
I'm making some really healthy whole grain like farro, some roasted sweet potatoes, grilled chicken. Grapes, dates, watermelon.

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:01 am
ra_mom, What your recipe for Leafy salad with cubes of sweet potato and salmon?

WastingTime

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:09 am
saralem wrote:
Andrea-that’s so interesting. I’ve been very low carb for about a year. I fast well but this last one I felt so drained. I wonder if it’s the low carb connection. If I eat brown rice before the fast, would that help? I also plan on watermelon , salmon, grapes and dates. ( which is not at all how I usually eat!!) what do you think?

You for sure should have carbs before a fast, better if there's water absorbed in it like pasta or grains

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:26 am
Almond butter
Grapes
Grape juice
Whole grain carb
Lots of water

saralem

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:40 pm
Andrea--I'm not on keto, just low carb (and low fat). BTW, lost 40 lbs but thinking of doing keto next month). I would think if I'm not concerned about not being in ketosis, then carbs would be ok. good carbs, I mean. not a jelly donut.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 12:44 pm
Tilapia (at room temp)
Israeli Salad
Pesto pasta
Watermelon, fresh fruit
Challah and dips

EishesYo

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:20 pm
Looking for more ideas

Watermelon
Sushi salad (rice,kani, sweet potatoes, salmon, sesame seeds) balance of protein and carbs
Gatorade!!!

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:45 pm
Beingreal wrote:
Making a small crockpot of chicken and rice with watermelon and lukshe kugel...
[quote]

What recipe for croc pot chicken and rice?

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:48 pm
laer wrote:
I am low carb during the year but before fast carbs are the best. I make a noodle kugel not too sweet and salmon/ egg salad avocado and fruits and veggies. Tonz of ice teas. Easy fast.

Can you post Noodle kugel recipe please?

ChasdeiHashem1

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:51 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Tilapia (at room temp)
Israeli Salad
Pesto pasta
Watermelon, fresh fruit
Challah and dips

Can you post pesto pasta recipe please

vet techy

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 5:02 pm
enneamom wrote:
There was a recipe in Hamodia for jeweled rice a long time ago that I base it on from memory.

I basically make the rice, then I sautee thin peeled strips of carrots with whatever else I think goes. A little bit of purple onion, slivered almonds, and I don't remember if I sautee the craisins or add them at the end. I add honey to the sauteed mixture and mix it into the rice, adding spices. I think that's basically it.

Thank you so much!

sky

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 5:32 pm
Not sure but the plans so far

Whole Wheat Challah
brown rice
sweet potato
salmon

Lots of water and Gatorade

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 5:57 pm
saralem wrote:
Andrea--I'm not on keto, just low carb (and low fat). BTW, lost 40 lbs but thinking of doing keto next month). I would think if I'm not concerned about not being in ketosis, then carbs would be ok. good carbs, I mean. not a jelly donut.

I’m persinally, after 44 years of crazy cravings, finally free of cravings because low carb. Lately, I’ve pretty much been eating one meal a day. With no trouble.

Salt and low carb mean I’m not dehydrated and I’m not hungry. Ever. Whether you call your diet keto or not is sort of irrelevant. If you are low carb, whether you consider yourself keto or not, you are probably in ketosis, the dude effects of which are not being hungry. No cravings. Perfect for a fast.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 6:01 pm
WastingTime wrote:
You for sure should have carbs before a fast, better if there's water absorbed in it like pasta or grains

Um. No. I’ve done 3- 25 hour fasts since going low carb 14 months ago. I don’t ever cheat, and I don’t ever have cravings or bad hunger. That’s right. I’ve not eaten grain, sugar, sweetener or even potatoes since May 2017. And I have never felt better in my whole life. I’ve lost 75 pounds and reversed my type 2 diabetes. And healed my retinopathy. So, no. I don’t need to eat pasta before the fast. Or ever.

happymom123

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:35 pm
Sushi salad, challah and dips, fresh salad and lots of water
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus