Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Shalosh seudos this week before fast this week
Previous  1  2  3

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:19 pm
Bagels with avocado or cream cheese
Mini Pizzas
Cheese platter
Big salad
Watermelon
Ices
Pastries
Water
Water
Water

I’m thinking about serving the above for the main meal and the cholent and finger foods (schnitzel, lachmagene, empanades..) for shalosh Sedos because I know you have to eat early and I’m afraid we will still be fleishigs... (excuse my run on) Anyone else has this fear?

iammom

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:38 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Bagels with avocado or cream cheese
Mini Pizzas
Cheese platter
Big salad
Watermelon
Ices
Pastries
Water
Water
Water

I’m thinking about serving the above for the main meal and the cholent and finger foods (schnitzel, lachmagene, empanades..) for shalosh Sedos because I know you have to eat early and I’m afraid we will still be fleishigs... (excuse my run on) Anyone else has this fear?

Isn't it not a good idea to eat cheese before a fast? It makes a person really thirsty and the sodium "sucks" out the water in the body.

Could be I'm wrong...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:10 pm
saralem wrote:
Andrea-that’s so interesting. I’ve been very low carb for about a year. I fast well but this last one I felt so drained. I wonder if it’s the low carb connection. If I eat brown rice before the fast, would that help? I also plan on watermelon , salmon, grapes and dates. ( which is not at all how I usually eat!!) what do you think?

I eat brown rice pasta before each fast. It works wonders for me.

shiaeisen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:18 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Stay low carb. Add salt! Carbs will knock you out of ketosis and make you hungry. Intermittent fasting is WAY easier on very low carbs. Making sure that you keep your salt up will also help because you won’t release all that fluid and have electrolytes become low.

All the research I did said the opposite! To do high carbs because that keeps you satisfied...

shiaeisen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:21 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
You could do cold cuts like turkey breast.

Very bad idea, as cold cuts make you very thirsty

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:36 pm
shiaeisen wrote:
All the research I did said the opposite! To do high carbs because that keeps you satisfied...

If you are low carb normally, stay low carb. There’s a reason low carb and fasting go together. If you aren’t low carb normally, do whatever you want. Ketosis and salt have made all the fasts I’ve done since I started for religious or other reasons just fine. I don’t even break a sweat so to speak.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:38 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I eat brown rice pasta before each fast. It works wonders for me.

I’m glad you havevwhsr works for you. A person who is low carb gets that satisfaction every day by eating fat, protein and minimal carbs. When we don’t eat, our bodies burn our own fat.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:39 pm
Let me just add that salt does not make you thirsty. It helps keep you from getting dehydrated. If you eat salt or salty things, and drink enough, you won’t be thirsty or dehydrated.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus