Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Looking for kid-friendly recipe for MEATBALLS

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:27 pm
MY kids have been asking for meatballs for a while. Since I never liked them, ive never made them. I would like to try to make meatballs. Can you give me your best, kid-friendly recipe? Thanks!

Last edited by anonymrs on Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:31 pm
Shape ground beef into small balls and put in pot. Pour sugar on top. Add a jar of marinara sauce and a jar of water. Bring to a boil. Lower gas and simmer until either you're ready to eat or the sauce is cooking out.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:37 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
Shape ground beef into small balls and put in pot. Pour sugar on top. Add a jar of marinara sauce and a jar of water. Bring to a boil. Lower gas and simmer until either you're ready to eat or the sauce is cooking out.

Thanks! Sounds easy. I’m just surprised that it doesn’t need anything to hold it together. Do the balls fall apart while they cook?

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:42 pm
I make meatballs either with tomato sauce or asian style. Once in a while I make the sweet and sour with jelly and ketchup.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 2:47 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Thanks! Sounds easy. I’m just surprised that it doesn’t need anything to hold it together. Do the balls fall apart while they cook?

Not usually. If you use ground chicken, they may need some crumbs, but beef is pretty resilient.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:17 pm
KBD Kids has an easy and delicious recipe.

1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup flavored dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 large egg
1 (16 oz) can jellied cranberry sauce
1 (26 oz) jar marinara sauce

Combine the sauces in a pot and cook until bubbling, about 5 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Combine meat ingredients, form meatballs and drop into bubbling sauce. Lower heat and cook 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 3:18 pm
Most people mix in eggs, bread crumbs, spices..., the tomato sauce gets boiled with sugar, lemon, salt, minced onion.., then add the meatballs
.,, some people just cook up jarred sauce and add the ground meat
All meatballs are kid friendly!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus