Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o what do you wear on a daily basis?
1  2  3  4  Next

abaker

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:15 pm
the lakewood thread got me thinking, does EVERYONE get all dressed up every day? I'd love to be fancier but it just doesn't happen for me. I never stick to it for long even though I have lots of nice clothes make up etc. I guess it's not my priority even though I can appreciate the world of fashion.

for me it's a slinky skirt and some type of shirt or blouse, with a shell if needed. knee highs. sheitel. minimal jewlery such as earrings and wedding rings. some type of flats. rarely wear make up.

what do you wear every day?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:20 pm
usually shell with either vest or cardigan, long skirt, sneakers, tichel no makeup. May be a necklace but that's about it. Not dressed up at all but comfy.

Boca00

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:22 pm
Dresses or tops and short (below the knee!) skirts. Flats, natural makeup, earrings and rings (sometimes necklace or bracelet, depending on the outfit).

Uh oh, did I just out myself?

Last edited by Boca00 on Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:27 pm
I have a capsule wardrobe, 4 skirts, 8 shirts, 3 shoes, 3 necklaces. I mix and match. When one item gets worn out I replace it with something else that matches everything. I have 1 capsule for summer and 1 for winter and a few cardigans to throw over the summer stuff for spring and fall. Sometimes the skirts cross over.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:29 pm
Long skirt, shell + sleeveless top (I find this combo keeps me coolest), knee-high stockings, crocs, beret, small earrings. Sheitel, necklace, real shoes, and some makeup if I feel like dressing up.

I’m happy to have my “uniform” - it’s comfortable and I think it looks nice and approachable (well maybe not the crocs). There’s no one I’m really trying to impress in my OOT neighborhood - so glad I don’t have to deal with the peer pressure I read about here.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:32 pm
Dress or top and below-knee skirt, necessary shell, possibly a belt (depending on outfit). Tights or stockings (time of year?), nice flats (re: not practical/comfortable kind). Earrings, necklace, wedding ring, sheitel, makeup. I wouldn't say I dress fancy, but coordinated and put-together. Never casual/sporty.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:35 pm
Anywhere from below the knee length pencil skirts with knit tops or sweaters and a shell to long maxi skirts and dressy tops. Costume jewelry , mostly earrings and necklaces that match my outfit . Shoes that coordinate with my outfit and makeup. I usually match my eyeshadow and lipstick to the colors of my clothes as well.
I wear my sheitel in a pony, bun, pinned back , bangs, straight , wavy etc. depending on my mood.
I am not trendy but rather artsy but usually dress that way.
On Fridays I'll dress a bit more casually and Sundays too.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:40 pm
Hmmmm....

I have lots and lots of clothes, but I wear the same thing almost every day.

Fall/winter:

Short stretchy black pencil skirt
Oversized pullover sweatshirt (usually with cute pictures or words on it)
Leggings
Uggs
Shaitel

Spring:
Short stretchy black pencil skirt or short denim skirt
Tee shirt
Slip on sneakers
Shaitel

Summer:
Long denim skirt
Tee shirt
Slip on sneakers
Snood in bungalow colony
Shaitel if I go out

I always wear earrings, necklace, rings.

Eyeliner and lip gloss if I go out.

I have lots of dresses if I want to dress up for any reason.

I always look stylish and put together. (I think)

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 10:04 pm
Depends on the day and weather. In the warmer months, usually skirt, top, flats or sandals (if my toes are done lol). In cooler months, pants, leggings underneath them on really cold days, sweater, boots to work, change into flats there. Sometimes jewelry. Sometimes makeup. I have to dress business casual for work so whatever I choose adheres to that.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 10:05 pm
When I'm home: pjs
Chilled days: maxi skirt and t shirt, tichel or lob wig, sneakers
When I go to work: midi skirt with a cute top, cute/nice shoes, or a midi dress; and a lob wig, minimal makeup (thankfully I have clear skin)

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 10:07 pm
I only wear a sheital to work/simcha/shabbos and only wear makeup for important meetings or occasions but not daily. I dress presentable but not fancy.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 10:10 pm
As little as possible.
Usually a tee shirt or sweater, slinky skirt, snood. When I go to work I wear a wig and also socks and shoes. My dream wardrobe would be a men's v neck undershirt and slinky skirt with no hair covering and bare feet.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 10:28 pm
I care a lot about comfort, and not much about fashion.

When I go to work I wear a midi skirt (almost always a black one), a shell and a presentable but not fancy top or sweater (depending on season), knee highs or tights (depending on season), simple flats (usually black) and a sheitel. No jewelry except earrings (which I rarely change) and rings. I put on some makeup too.

When I am not going to work (but going out of the house) I wear a long slinky skirt, tshirt (or sweater in the winter) with shell if needed, knee highs, pre-tied tichel, and sneakers. Maybe a little makeup if I think I look really tired without it.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:06 pm
I bought like 8 dresses, pretty much exactly the same in different colours from Karen Michelle.com. I wear parkhurst berets in different colours. I typically wear make up like 1x a year

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:34 am
A smile Very Happy

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:06 am
I wear patterned shirts and solid color A-line skirts to match
I'll wear other tops that need a black pencil skirt.
Shabbos I wear plenty of dresses.
I usually wear sandals, boots, or sneakers, depending on the season. (I hate flats)

Jewelry: Rings, Bracelets, Necklace, Earrings, the whole thing (I may have an obsession)
Makeup: Whatever I feel like: Lately it's been full face of everything, (I may have another obsession) but when I'm lazy I do my brows, lipstick, and smudge some shadow on, and tightline usually. If I'm really lazy...than just lipstick and brows. (I have no eyebrows without it)

Also..I have no kids and a part-time job. So that probably makes a difference to how I dress.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:16 am
I work from home so I dress pretty casually. I typically wear either a black skirt or a denim skirt just past my knees and very washable tops. In the winter that's usually a shell and a sweater or sweatshirt. In the summer I wear 3/4 sleeve T-shirts or when I'm nursing and I know I'll be doing so in semipublic I'll wear lightweight layers. I only wear tights for warmth in the winter.

My everyday wig is a curly one I wash on my own, so it's pretty low maintenance. In the heat of summer I can't bear to wear a wig on a regular basis so I just wear a pretied bandanna most of the time.

I'm not one to accessorize much. I wear the same watch, necklace and earrings every day. I use the same purse daily as well. I never wear heels and the only makeup I wear is tinted sunscreen and a bit of powder foundation.

I am short and overweight so when I find a top that works for me I buy it in multiple colors and wear it to death. I'm just now replacing some shirts that I've been wearing for 8 years. I hate shopping so I try to make do with what I have for as long as possible and only fill in things as necessary or when my mom or MIL bug me to go shopping with them.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 4:27 am
A skirt generally knee or calf length with tights or knee high is long enough. Flats. A top or a shell and a short sleeve top. Make up depends on whether I go somewhere or just in the area etc and mood. I'm regularly overdressed frum ppl are very casual by me especially in daily life?

I have one long gown and a couple suits that I just have no occasion to wear

sheitel my go to is long blond. I have a long blond fall I love in the summer and a longer bob thing blond also for summer and sport (synthetic).

I have my jewelry I always wear, husband or family stuff

ggdm

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 6:34 am
When I don't work and can be comfortable: Long denim skirt, nerdy T-shirt, bandana and no socks. I'd drop the bra even, if I just stay home and do nothing.
At work: Long nicer skirt, flowy top (with shell if needed), tichel and socks or knee highs.
Out for hiking or activities: Short dress over baggy trousers, bandana or tichel, socks.

I never wear make-up. When I am in the mood or for fancy occasions, I will spend a long time on my tichel. Other days it may just be a very simple wrap with one of my comfy scarves. I don't own a sheitel. All of my shoes are comfortable (some still look nice).

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:09 am
Most often a pencil skirt, knee length cardigan and wide belt underneath. In the winter it's a knit pencil skirt, summer jean pencil skirt. Winter sweater knit cardigan, summer thin and breezy one in cool colors. Makeup and variety of flats. Big range of earrings.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics