Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Attention BoroPark/Flatbush OT's

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:27 pm
My son, who goes to a very small cheder in BP, was approved for OT, but there isn't anyone available to work with him in school. The agency said they don't have anyone available that can go there next year, either. Do any of you occupational therapists have the ability to take on the case? He is 4 years old k'h and needs OT twice a week for sensory issues (BH not terrrible issues) and for transition difficulty. Male or female is ok, so if you know of any male OT's, chime in. Thanks!

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:28 pm
We take our child to a sensory gym for OT therapy after school.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
We take our child to a sensory gym for OT therapy after school.

I did that, was extremely difficult. Only appt was right after he came home, was a mad rush. It would be more helpful to have help in school, to work along with his teacher

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:45 pm
Speaking as a therapist, I doubt anyone wold be willing to come to a school for 1 30 minute session. Just not worth it....

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:47 pm
bsy wrote:
Speaking as a therapist, I doubt anyone wold be willing to come to a school for 1 30 minute session. Just not worth it....

But let's say a therapist is working in the area anyway, she/he wouldn't mind taking on the case if she/he doesn't have a full caseload. I realize I haven't provided the location yet...

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
But let's say a therapist is working in the area anyway, she/he wouldn't mind taking on the case if she/he doesn't have a full caseload. I realize I haven't provided the location yet...

It would have to be right there. Driving and parking in brooklyn isn't the simplest matter....

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 10:34 pm
bsy wrote:
It would have to be right there. Driving and parking in brooklyn isn't the simplest matter....

Would coming to my house (with a driveway) be better?

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 18 2018, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
Would coming to my house (with a driveway) be better?

Possibly. Speak to the agency.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers