Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
How soon after Tisha B'Av can we eat Fleishig this year?
1  2  Next

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:05 am
Does the fact that the fast was supposed to be on Shabbos allow us to eat Fleishig sooner than other years?

salt

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:11 am
I believe it's the following day morning, ie 11 Av morning. Don't count on me though. It's probably written in the shulchan aruch.

Seas

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:12 am
You can do all that is forbidden in the nine days as soon as it's moitze t"b, except for eating meat which is only permissible the following day. (probably drinking wine too, but I'm not sure.)

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:14 am
Yep... Its a nidcha.. You can get a haircut, bathe, do laundry Sunday night..

Music, and meat/wine Mon morning as soon as you wake up..
If you have a seudas mitzva like a bris on TBav, you can eat Sunday night...

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:36 am
Thanks, this was confirmed this morning. You can have Fleishigs the next morning.

happymom123

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:34 am
It may be wise to ask a Rav. I was told that we wait til the following day at chatzos so it seems people hold differently

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:54 am
happymom123 wrote:
It may be wise to ask a Rav. I was told that we wait til the following day at chatzos so it seems people hold differently

Theres different opinions Im sure. But after asking a few very learned people, it seems that this year, unlike years where the fast isnt a Nidcha, most everyone will do laundry immediately after the fast, instead of waiting til noon the next day, but will wait until the next morning,to eat Fleishigs (whoever eats Fleishig in the morning), and not have to wait until the customary Chatzos.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:03 am
My 3 kids leave to camp tues. luggage drop off Monday night! Help!!! Anybody have this crazy situation!!??

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:06 am
amother wrote:
My 3 kids leave to camp tues. luggage drop off Monday night! Help!!! Anybody have this crazy situation!!??

You can do laundry right after the Taanis (Sunday night).

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:09 am
I know but I have at least 15 loads! They just came home from another camp!!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:47 am
amother wrote:

Me too but its only,one kid and she didn't just get home from a different camp. But we can start Sunday night after the fast. So do your best Sunday night and Monday morning. Would a neighbor let you do some loads at their house? A very young couple or an older couple? Peolple who might not mind waiting a bit and can survive til Monday lunchtime?

Is there a launder mat you can go to? Pack up the car with all the laundry Sunday night ( do you have a garage?) And head there early
Monday morning....

What else can you do? Going to 2 camps in one summer is tough! Sorry, I couldn't help it. I never heard of doing that.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:52 am
I was just told by a very Ehrlich Chassidish woman that Chassidim are maykil on this, and many will eat Fleishigs right after Taanis.

keym

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:56 am
amother wrote:

Laundromat. If you live in a drum community, drive 20 minutes out to get a quiet one.

Load up as many as you could. Washing and drying should take 3 hrs tops though it may cost $20-$30 bucks.
If you're kids are old enough, you could leave them to babysit the running machines while you run last minute errands.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:17 am
Monday morning

Washing cloths is permiitted I heard this year on Sunday night already

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
I was just told by a very Ehrlich Chassidish woman that Chassidim are maykil on this, and many will eat Fleishigs right after Taanis.

I never heard of this. All chassidim that I know wait until the next day.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:38 am
cnc wrote:
I never heard of this. All chassidim that I know wait until the next day.

Even when the fast is a "nidcha"?

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:22 am
amother wrote:
Even when the fast is a "nidcha"?

Yes.
Other things permitted, but we wait to eat meat...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:27 am
So who is eating a steak for breakfast Monday morning?

pause

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:40 am
amother wrote:

I'm chassidish and never heard of this.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:58 pm
pause wrote:
I'm chassidish and never heard of this.

Me too.
Dh actually looked in Nitei Gavriel, and he writes that everything is permitted motzei tisha b'av aside for eating meat.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note