Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Architect Recommendation Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:21 am
barbara1 wrote:
To be fair to Mr Framawotz none of the Architects offer any hvac drawings that's prepared by an hvac designer, me and my husband are involved with many different architects and residential hvac is never prepared by an Architect additionally Framawitz and any other Architect in town does provide all the window information on all of their plans so please be fair and accurate.Frammawiz has over 20 years experience whether licensed or not (I know many licensed Architects that are horrible designers and Framawits has a couple of licensed people working for him in his office he has a huge operation) and has beautiful designs out there u might not like his design but to just threw out inaccurate information about someone's parnasah is not fair and I don't know him and neither do we use him

Mr. Fromowitz does not have a licensed architect working for him he has a bunch of twenty year old girls working for him. He has a huge operation going but he gets away with not hiring architects bec it’s Lakewood and in Lakewood you get away with things. Going with a real architect like montefiore you will get a complete set of plans but it will cost you.

Right now mr. Fromowitz guy who was the only licensed architect in his whole firm just died so yes he is looking to bring on one architect just so he can sign off on his projects legally.

But in a real architect firm they hire a bunch of architects to do the work and not just a bunch of girls with little experience. Schooling is something you can’t take away what you learn in school and there is a reason why most firms hire architects to work below them when they are an architect themselves. An architect is not there just to sign off on documents.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:28 am
barbara1 wrote:
Architecture is very subjective and its like a shiduch that has to click I know many people that either despise or love their architects , but most of the time the experience is not that great not sure why architects like contractors have such a bad reputation.

A good architect people are very happy with. The problem is people are posing themselves as architects that aren’t.

Would any of us go to a doctor that just hires a doctor to help him open his practice for legal purposes. As much as experience gets you places you still need schooling also.

barbara1

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:33 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Mr. Fromowitz does not have a licensed architect working for him he has a bunch of twenty year old girls working for him. He has a huge operation going but he gets away with not hiring architects bec it’s Lakewood and in Lakewood you get away with things. Going with a real architect like montefiore you will get a complete set of plans but it will cost you.

Right now mr. Fromowitz guy who was the only licensed architect in his whole firm just died so yes he is looking to bring on one architect just so he can sign off on his projects legally.

But in a real architect firm they hire a bunch of architects to do the work and not just a bunch of girls with little experience. Schooling is something you can’t take away what you learn in school and there is a reason why most firms hire architects to work below them when they are an architect themselves. An architect is not there just to sign off on documents.

Please get ur facts straight he has a couple of licensed Architects working for him and Larry Schreiber the Frum licensed architect in lakewood started working for framawitz a couple of weeks ago.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:36 am
Has anyone used Naftoli gut for new construction custom home or has he just done extensions or basements?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:37 am
barbara1 wrote:
Please get ur facts straight he has a couple of licensed Architects working for him and Larry Schreiber the Frum licensed architect in lakewood started working for framawitz a couple of weeks ago.

Right he’s hiring Schreiber now because his licensed guy had a heart attack and died so yes he needs a licensed architect. But who else there is licensed? Can you name anyone else?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 7:53 am
I am currently working with Fromowitz on a custom home and I did lots of research. Here’s what I know:
Weingarten (forgot his first name) - I heard mixed reviews, some people loved him some didn’t. I saw a few houses that he did and wasn’t overly impressed
Shmuli Fligman - he is a family friend who is licensed and is amazing but is way more expensive than Fromowitz
Munish Delman - mixed reviews also
Fromowitz - the pros are that he’s done majority of the houses in Lakewood, so he has a huge amount of ready plans to choose from. If you go this rout your costs will be way lower than fully custom. I chose a plan and did a lot of changes, and it’s still coming out way cheaper than custom. His prices are also very competitive because he has such volume. He does have licensed architects on staff, and he gives full plans including windows, electric, etc. as far as I know nobody gives HVAC. Cons - things take very long, however, we worked very quickly and put on pressure and it’s now moving along very nicely.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 8:18 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I am currently working with Fromowitz on a custom home and I did lots of research. Here’s what I know:
Weingarten (forgot his first name) - I heard mixed reviews, some people loved him some didn’t. I saw a few houses that he did and wasn’t overly impressed
Shmuli Fligman - he is a family friend who is licensed and is amazing but is way more expensive than Fromowitz
Munish Delman - mixed reviews also
Fromowitz - the pros are that he’s done majority of the houses in Lakewood, so he has a huge amount of ready plans to choose from. If you go this rout your costs will be way lower than fully custom. I chose a plan and did a lot of changes, and it’s still coming out way cheaper than custom. His prices are also very competitive because he has such volume. He does have licensed architects on staff, and he gives full plans including windows, electric, etc. as far as I know nobody gives HVAC. Cons - things take very long, however, we worked very quickly and put on pressure and it’s now moving along very nicely.

Apricot did you start building yet?

Is the only reason why you didn’t use fligman because he’s more expensive or Is there another reason?

Plus Fromowitz just went up in price so he got very expensive now?

The reason why the whole Lakewood used fromowitz was because he was cheap now that he went up people are going to start looking elsewhere.

Winterb

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 10:09 am
Bump

Has anyone ever heard of someone garfinkel in Lakewood?

barbara1

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 10:29 am
Winterb wrote:
Bump

Has he is supposed to be good. He is newer than the others but his father has been in the field for the past 25 years and my understanding is that he is guiding him.

iamawesome

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 11:03 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Has anyone used Naftoli gut for new construction custom home or has he just done extensions or basements?

I didn’t use him but I’ve heard he’s incredible. My cousin used him and said he was such a pleasure to deal with and her house is really nice. Original and practical. I’d for sure consider him if I was building…

esther55

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 12:02 pm
Winterb wrote:
Bump

Have you looked into other options. A close friend of mine did the design with an interior designer Mrs Nachtfolger and the Architectural s with Mr Feldbrand and she was extremely happy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics